Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 07:25 PM

Default Re: What\'s up with Josh Arieh Lately?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The long term for high stakes live cash game players is very, very, very long. If they are playing 20 hands an hour, 8 hours a day, that is basically less than what most online players go through in 30 minutes. The long term for online players is considered to be upwards of 100k hands typically, a number than a live play can take a year to hit. It is not odd than a live cash game player can run bad for a year, or run well for a year. Not saying this is the case with Arieh, but it seems that people are all too results oriented with live players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um isn't Josh also known for being an online cashgame player, with a special talent for omaha?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I was under the impression he was a hs live player. Anyway, my point isnt really about Arieh, just for live players in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was reading his blog a while back and he says he rarely plays cash games.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:34 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

yellowsub said he played him, so im assuming its the OJ guy on pokerstars. he has the some location in georgia where arieh lives so that may be him
Old 09-13-2006, 08:08 PM

FWIW, I played with Josh at Beau Rivage on Labor Day weekend. We were playing 10-25 PLO with a mandatory $50 Mississippi straddle (i.e. - a straddle on the button). He later moved to a 25-50 PLO game with a $100 MS straddle. Maybe these games are not considered as "high stakes" for a professional like him, but I thought it was a pretty big game. He bought in for $10K (I thought it was a $10K chip, but I am not certain). I never talked to him, but he seemed to be in good spirits. I did notice that he was very friendly and respectful to both the dealers and the floormen.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would be skeptical of any "Pro" who became famous after a big tourney win.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're skeptical of about 75% of the famous pros?

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt it stops at 75%.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I played with Josh at Beau Rivage on Labor Day weekend. We were playing 10-25 PLO with a mandatory $50 Mississippi straddle (i.e. - a straddle on the button). He later moved to a 25-50 PLO game with a $100 MS straddle. Maybe these games are not considered as "high stakes" for a professional like him, but I thought it was a pretty big game. He bought in for $10K (I thought it was a $10K chip, but I am not certain). I never talked to him, but he seemed to be in good spirits. I did notice that he was very friendly and respectful to both the dealers and the floormen.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY, this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for
Old 09-14-2006, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Um isn't Josh also known for being a B&M craps player, with a special talent for rolling two dice with a sum equal to the number seven?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2006, 03:29 PM

Josh won the freeroll Bodog Reality Show Tournament on FoxSportsNet about 5 or 6 months ago and cashed for $500k. Maybe he's been busy spending that! :-)
Old 09-19-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh won the freeroll Bodog Reality Show Tournament on FoxSportsNet about 5 or 6 months ago and cashed for $500k. Maybe he's been busy spending that! :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be exactly right. josh appears to be a big family guy so I hope he puts a lot away.

But these guys can go through that kind of money faster than you might think. Go on FullTilt and watch a handful of people win/lose that amount in a few hours.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would be skeptical of any "Pro" who became famous after a big tourney win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-25-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Havent heard about him in quite a while. He used to update his blog semi-regularly but has since stopped doing so...

I think he went deep in Tunica back in May or something like that... any recent news or gossip on my favorite poker pro? For some reason I seem to recall hearing grumblings of retirement...

[/ QUOTE ]

how can this guy be your favorite pro?

Arieh has to be the most obnoxious player to ever appear on TV.

His constant belittling of opponents was the most disgusting thing i have ever seen. When Tony G does it we know it is part act, not that that makes it much better. Hellmuth insulting that guy on national TV wasn't much better either. I'm referring to the "you probably can't even spell poker..." guy.

Makes no sense to me how anyone can like this guy.