Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 04:14 AM

Default Trip Report - Burning Man )°(

My second year at BM, just got the pics. I'll try and keep this brief, just give a quick summary of each day along with the drugs we smoked/ingested.

Day 1 (Wednesday): Long drive from Palo Alto, me and my buddy Aziz in his car, Pam and Jill, his friends, in the other. Lots of bud smoking. Got there and it was a total whiteout, waited two hours to get in. Set up camp, checked things out, went back to back to camp, drank, smoked and took ambien (great closed-eye visuals, unsettling loss of balance) - we all passed out on the same air matress.

Day 2 (Thursday): Awoke to intense eye-burning. Apparently I had bought contact solution for hard lenses. Everyone else went to a 'higher self' seminar or something like that, so I wasn't too sad about missing out. Made mushroom tea around dusk, had a mild, giggly trip. Aziz went to the portapotty to yak, but said an oracle in the toilet told him not to and to 'just go with it'. Went out and met some people in our neighborhood, came home, drank 7 redbulls and half a handle of vodka between the group, danced all night.

Day 3 (Friday): Had pancakes and eggs at our neighbor's place for breakfast. Went and met up with a friend of mine who had a pool table at his camp. Played a few games, he hooked us up with a few more hits of E for saturday night. Went back to camp and drank, went out to some lounges and bars, danced, met some people - took another sleeping pill and passed out.

Day 4 (Saturday): Day of the burn. Fought my buddy, like a monkey, in our boxers, before a crowd of spectators for a pendant. On our way to camp, we see Pam, topless, with her boobs painted doing a haiku for some people at another camp. Ran naked after the water truck as a cheap substitute for a shower. The girls really wanted to put makeup on us, so we obliged. Each took a hit of E and some MDMA powder a couple hours past sunset. It hit Aziz as we were watching the man burn. He had a heart-to-heart with Pam (whom he had previously boned) and generally spread love and goodwill. Got to the dance party and the E kicked in, so I jumped around like a monkey for like 4 hours listening to some loud ass bass and high-pitched digital noises. We all rolled around in the dirt together when we got tired. I made out with both the girls at a couple points during the night. When we were all burnt out we went to the tent and passed out together again. Pam wouldn't stop rubbing my pelvic region, so it was a little tough to sleep, but the ambien eventually did it's job. Thought about what to tell my GF, decided to use a little adult discretion and left out all the kissing/rubbing etc.

the crew

the ladies and the belgian waffle

relying on my secondary senses

lethargy

our artistic contribution

party vehicle

the man burns

aforementioned monkey dancing

Overall, it was a great time - we all bonded pretty quickly and had a lot of fun. Definately going back next year.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:41 AM

Default Re: Trip Report - Burning Man )°(

Alright man... I'm doing this in '07.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:47 AM

We talked about you, man. Your presence was missed. Make it happen next year.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:55 AM

sounds like a great time; I've been wanting to go the last few years but haven't, hopefully next year.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:30 AM

this guy gives a trip report, but he apparently had a horrible time. any validity to what he's saying?
Old 09-13-2006, 09:25 AM

Please upload more pics if you can. The pics you posted a few months ago looked a lot more fun.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:17 AM

I doubt i would have fun at something like this.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this guy gives a trip report, but he apparently had a horrible time. any validity to what he's saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can find lots of negative stuff about previous burns if you look long enough. I've seen the outfitter company 'Green Tortoise' that provides group transpo to burns singled out for much haterade in blogs.

Cool report Sadat, I've been waiting for it.

This is one thing I would absolutely do if I were still single and child-free.

BTW, to anyone interested, the BM site has the best tips on desert camping I've ever found.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:35 AM

Cool story, and huge [censored].
Old 09-13-2006, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever Burning Man supporters claim, know this, the event is a 24/7 bacchanal of booze, drugs, nudity, S&M, public sex, and bad art,

The guy says this like it's a bad thing.