Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Excalibur Poker Room Rate

I'm going to Vegas this weekend, and have been planning on booking the Excalibur's poker rate (I know, I know, but it's ridiculously cheap and it will be fun to play late-nights). However, the guy on the phone in their room just told me that the required six hours can't be divided; i.e. if two players share a room, they can't go three hours and three hours each, rather one individual must actually play six hours a day to qualify for the reduced rate. Can someone confirm or deny this? I've never heard of such a thing on a poker rate, but it's the Excalibur, so who knows.

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Excalibur Poker Room Rate

Actually, it sounds rather standard. Regardless of how many people are in the room the poker rate is tracked as one person/one block. One person must play the 6 hour a day requirement.

Six hours live is a cakewalk. Have a good time.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, it sounds rather standard. Regardless of how many people are in the room the poker rate is tracked as one person/one block. One person must play the 6 hour a day requirement.

Six hours live is a cakewalk. Have a good time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That runs counter to my experience at the Mirage, but maybe they're the exception to the rule. I don't have a problem with playing a lot of hours, but I might not want to play them all at Excalibur, lol.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, it sounds rather standard. Regardless of how many people are in the room the poker rate is tracked as one person/one block.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not standard. Monte Carlo, Mirage, Bellagio, at least, allow you to combine the play of guests registered in the same room.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:38 PM

I stand corrected. I have never gotten a poker rate in Vegas, so though it sounded standard, I guess it is not.

The only poker rate I have gotten is at Commerce, where there is no play requirement, Just ask and its yours.

Still makes sense that Excal would require it for the single indiv, though. They like to be picky about things like that (they also drop without a flop).
Old 09-12-2006, 01:57 PM

Nevermind, I booked the rate at the superior-in-every-way Mirage (who told me two weeks ago that there was no rate for this weekend). Good times.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:01 PM

LOL I stayed at the MC a month ago, and they say 5 hrs/day for your room split up any way.

Problem is, they just charge you your poker room rate when you get your room. They never even follow up on it. I stopped by the poker room to ask them about it the day we got there, and their Manager just said to stop by, play a little, and say Hi. It's pretty much a freebie.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:03 PM

Can I ask what the rate is at Mirage? I'm going this weekend as well.

On the other issue, you could just give your players card to your buddy when he goes to play. Hopefully they won't memorize your names/faces.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:20 PM

It's not worth it. I almost changed hotels when I was there in July.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I ask what the rate is at Mirage? I'm going this weekend as well.

On the other issue, you could just give your players card to your buddy when he goes to play. Hopefully they won't memorize your names/faces.

[/ QUOTE ]

$149 Fri/$199 Sat. Curiously, the standard rates are $249/$219...but I'm going to play the hours anyway.