Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 01:31 AM

Default Re: How could the changeover to AC occur?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still believe a 100% income redistribution on your death is moral and should be encouraged (not enforced, changed my tune on that one)

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???????

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure what income redistribution means once your dead and have no income, and im not sure what 100% means given that you are dead and must have 0%, but assuming they are typos then I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with complete asset redistribution upon my death to whomever I voluntarily elected pre-death to receive those assets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying that it's my opinion that you (and others) should voluntarily leave it to charity rather than your kids. That people who get rich should earn their riches by making others better off rather than the luck of their parents.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still believe a 100% income redistribution on your death is moral and should be encouraged (not enforced, changed my tune on that one)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure what income redistribution means once your dead and have no income, and im not sure what 100% means given that you are dead and must have 0%, but assuming they are typos then I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with complete asset redistribution upon my death to whomever I voluntarily elected pre-death to receive those assets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying that it's my opinion that you (and others) should voluntarily leave it to charity rather than your kids. That people who get rich should earn their riches by making others better off rather than the luck of their parents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but you are against forcing people to distribute their estates to charity, right?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but you are against forcing people to distribute their estates to charity, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course
Old 09-13-2006, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In other words you think it's the right thing to do, but you wouldn't force other to do it? That's a perfectly reasonable position.

I think libertarians (economic libertarians mostly) get called out as greedy selfish pricks for not wanting there money to go to taxes. Of course all they really want is the freedom to spend their money how they choose, and the ones that force people to pay for government services are the greedy ones.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That if we want a meritocracy then people should be encouraged to take the Warren Buffett approach to their estates rather than the Paris Hilton.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. When the families came over to the US when it was still free, they gradually improved their standard of living by saving money and using that money to get their kids a better education and future. Hence and repeat. Charity is the dumbest thing ever. The best thing that the likes of Buffett and Gates can do for people is to GIVE THEM A JOB not by giving free moneys and stimulating non independence.

http://www.freedomainradio.com/Traff...g_the_poor.mp3

http://www.freedomainradio.com/Traff...nd_charity.mp3
Old 09-13-2006, 01:53 AM

How does paris hilton recieving $100 trillion for doing nothing but being born reduce dependence?

PS When I say charity I don't mean handouts. I mean for example giving loans to people who want to start a business but can't get credit elsewhere because they can't prove their worthiness, things like that.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wholeheartedly agree (but not to the tune of 100%).

I know for sure that I, as a millionaire, would drop millions to appease the man upstairs upon my death.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That if we want a meritocracy then people should be encouraged to take the Warren Buffett approach to their estates rather than the Paris Hilton.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Calm down, man. He's on your side. Charities will likely be a part of an AC society so there's nothing wrong with encouraging people to donate to them upon death.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was. I figured out pretty early that stuff wasn't fair and like most I started out blaming the rich. I still believe a 100% income redistribution on your death is moral and should be encouraged (not enforced, changed my tune on that one)

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree with this, believe it or not. There was an article in The Economist a few months ago (which is pretty white collar) showing a picture of a fat, spoiled trust fund kid advising all the wealthy people reading it to strongly limit their childrens' inheritence (since when people with no understanding of business inherit lots of money, they tend to blow it, which isn't good for society or for them). My dad (who has a lot of money and is probably about to inherit a lot more soon) has given me a lot of advice and support, but he's refused to pay for any of my expenses lest I turn out a lazy, spoiled brat. While it sucks in a way, I think he's right and I'd probably do the same for my kids. My inheritance will hopefully go to charity, I hope to be at a point in my life where I won't need it by then.

[ QUOTE ]
I now realise that it is state largess and favouritism that is a major cause of inequity. I have 2+2 to thank for my dramatic political swing. Smart consumers indeed

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a pinko too a few years ago [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2006, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calm down, man. He's on your side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude.

Nielsio attacks me for my lack of anarchist-ness.