Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 01:44 AM

Default Re: If we go AC who gets the governments stuff?

[ QUOTE ]

Government is also the only true *cause* of unemployment, but thats a whole 'nother thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that government causes sunspots and cancer too and that in an anarchist fantasy world these things wouldn't exist. Also imaginary numbers.

Is this true? I tried using the search function, but I didn't find anything.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if I shoot my neighbor dead......who is going to pay the police to investigate his murder, and then detain me, and then incarcerate me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh...His friends? His family? Other neighbors in the area concerned about being shot dead by you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Say he has no friends or family, but a paranoid neighbor pays the AC cops a nice fee to do forensic investigation and spend a few months tracking it back to me, and then I am detained.

Do I get a trial, or a chance to defend myself against the charges, or does the word of the neighbor and the cop acting on his payroll make my final determination?

If so, who pays for the judge, the lawyers, etc?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, the amount of people employed by the state certainly can't be described as "enormous".

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that the amount of folks who are employed directly by government, or who derive the majority of their income from government spending is enormous.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, let's forgot about the numbers and assume you are right that an enormous amount of people make a majority of there income from the government. Is this a good or bad thing in the economy? Why or why not?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, the amount of people employed by the state certainly can't be described as "enormous".

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that the amount of folks who are employed directly by government, or who derive the majority of their income from government spending is enormous.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a good portion of those working for the state now would be able to find employment in private firms that do what their former job was, especially since there will be demand for many such jobs (police, courts, transportation, etc).
Old 09-13-2006, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I get a trial, or a chance to defend myself against the charges, or does the word of the neighbor and the cop acting on his payroll make my final determination?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, you are free to defend yourself or hire someone to defend you. Also, isn't it better that the people involved in the investigation and trial are working on their paycheck rather than working for the government, and essentially having no one to answer to? If the private cop or private courts screw up cases, they're outta business. If there's only one system of courts and only one police department that keeps screwing stuff up, OH WELL.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if I shoot my neighbor dead......who is going to pay the police to investigate his murder, and then detain me, and then incarcerate me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh...His friends? His family? Other neighbors in the area concerned about being shot dead by you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Say he has no friends or family, but a paranoid neighbor pays the AC cops a nice fee to do forensic investigation and spend a few months tracking it back to me, and then I am detained.

If so, who pays for the judge, the lawyers, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you would get a trial. Your appearance would be voluntary, but it would behoove you to show up or your case probably won't be argued well, if at all. You of course can contract your own court. If the rulings agree, then the rulings are binding. If not, then you move to an appeals court. And it seems sensible that since there's two parties here (you and the neighbor), if two appeals rulings agree than the ruling should be binding.

As to who pays, that will be the parties involved. Maybe a type of court insurance will be available. Maybe it would be pay-per-judgement. That's up to the market to come up with an efficient method.

Consider reading this as it may answer several of your current and future questions (which have already been asked here dozens of times).
Old 09-13-2006, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this true? I tried using the search function, but I didn't find anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if there has been an extensive thread on it or not.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sure, you are free to defend yourself or hire someone to defend you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pay my lawyer, and the paranoid neighbor in my example pays for the prosecution...another considerable expense after he just forked out for a few months worth of investigative work.

But that leaves the judge and jury....who pays for the judge? Who pays for the jury?

DO we split the cost? Do I have any say over who the judge is? DO we have to agree on a judge, or does the plaintiff get to hire one and pay him on his own?

What if I don't agree to the judge, do we proceed, or do I get away with murder until we can both agree on a judge?

[ QUOTE ]
If the private cop or private courts screw up cases, they're outta business.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the majority of criminal cases, one side is always bound to think the cops screwed up, either the accuser or the accused....depending on who wins the case.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the majority of criminal cases, one side is always bound to think the cops screwed up, either the accuser or the accused....depending on who wins the case.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he means screwing up as in consistently getting overruled by appeals courts or found making lots of errors in their investigations (contaminating them, making up evidence, etc). Such places will not be very reputable and will become victims of economic natural selection.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You of course can contract your own court. If the rulings agree, then the rulings are binding. If not, then you move to an appeals court. And it seems sensible that since there's two parties here (you and the neighbor), if two appeals rulings agree than the ruling should be binding.

[/ QUOTE ]

SO if I hire my own court, say, consisting of my brother in law as a judge....he could disagree with my neighbors court, and we could go to appeal.

At the appellate court, I could hire my Unlce as for my own appellate court, which would of course disagree witht he findings of the neighbors appellate court.

Another draw, no consensus, we go round and round until the neighbor runs out of money or interest, meanwhile I'm paying my brother in law and uncle $1 each to serve my purposes?

Is that a legitimate scenario, or are their measures that would prevent that?

And please understand, I'm not trying to bash ACers here with leading questions, even though it surely looks that way and I'm sure you guys catch alot of this shit all the time, but I am approaching it from a devil's advocate perspective to try and gain a better understanding of it here, because the prospect of it piques my interest.