Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 09:30 AM

Default Re: How could the changeover to AC occur?

Excellent post HMK I agree wholeheartedly. But there is another important question. Assuming (because I don't personally have a proof) that the current government debt based system i completly unsutainable and also the people time preferences become more short term focused in a crisis, will the freedom movement that nieslo alludes to have made enough progress by the time modern governments collapse or will we have another round of totalitarian states and an intellectual dark ages. Or is it not a simple dichotomy?
Old 09-12-2006, 10:25 AM

The Canadian healthcare system is instructive. It could only exist as it did for as long as it did because of the (relatively more) free market healthcare system in the United States. The US healthcare system both serves as a release valve for people who actually need healthcare in a timely fashion (they simply travel to the US and pay out of pocket), and as an invaluable source of prices (even though they are of course never quite right given the differences in US and Canadian supplies and demands).

Even so, the Canadian healthcare system has proven to be so ineffective that illegal private out-of-pocket clinics are opening up all over Canada at a rate of 1 per week, right out in the open. The government can do nothing about it, because if they closed down the private clinics, the state system would implode.

This serves as a model for what happens to government "services", they fail and eventually are ignored. One has hopes that even politicians, in the face of such slear writing on the state's walls, will stop pouring money down that particular rathole.

Shampoo, rinse, repeat enough times, and maybe, just maybe, people will start to understand.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at the 9/11 stuff that's going on now (if you're interested: http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...10906Jones.htm ). The inside job is coming out it's unsure what's gonna happen. People fear another inside job type terrorism act of even bigger scale might come as a way of giving the sinking ship another boost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone have a comment on this? I'm at a library, so I can't watch the videos and so I don't know the substance, but it seems like Nielsio is embracing the conspiracy theorists.

Alex Jones conducts an interview with a BYU professor--it seems as if on this board Alex Jones has been thoroughly discredited.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
will the freedom movement that nieslo alludes to have made enough progress by the time modern governments collapse

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling they go hand in hand; that it's a natural process of the state being in worse condition and the uprise of thought activism and understanding. I could be wrong.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
will the freedom movement that nieslo alludes to have made enough progress by the time modern governments collapse

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling they go hand in hand; that it's a natural process of the state being in worse condition and the uprise of thought activism and understanding. I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

On first thought i would agree, as things get worse there will inevitably be people trying to squeeze a few more drops out of the current system. There will also be those who still believe passionately about it who will also resort to any means to continue the state, either (or both together) should lead to repression. The fastest way to get people to love freedom is to opress them.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent post HMK I agree wholeheartedly. But there is another important question. Assuming (because I don't personally have a proof) that the current government debt based system i completly unsutainable and also the people time preferences become more short term focused in a crisis, will the freedom movement that nieslo alludes to have made enough progress by the time modern governments collapse or will we have another round of totalitarian states and an intellectual dark ages. Or is it not a simple dichotomy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't answer that. I have no idea how the next century is going to unravel.

btw tom, what's your political swing? Libertarian? I thought you were a pinko of some sort [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2006, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't answer that. I have no idea how the next century is going to unravel.

btw tom, what's your political swing? Libertarian? I thought you were a pinko of some sort [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was. I figured out pretty early that stuff wasn't fair and like most I started out blaming the rich. I still believe a 100% income redistribution on your death is moral and should be encouraged (not enforced, changed my tune on that one) I now realise that it is state largess and favouritism that is a major cause of inequity. I have 2+2 to thank for my dramatic political swing. Smart consumers indeed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2006, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still believe a 100% income redistribution on your death is moral and should be encouraged (not enforced, changed my tune on that one)

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???????
Old 09-13-2006, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still believe a 100% income redistribution on your death is moral and should be encouraged (not enforced, changed my tune on that one)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That if we want a meritocracy then people should be encouraged to take the Warren Buffett approach to their estates rather than the Paris Hilton.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure what income redistribution means once your dead and have no income, and im not sure what 100% means given that you are dead and must have 0%, but assuming they are typos then I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with complete asset redistribution upon my death to whomever I voluntarily elected pre-death to receive those assets.