Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 10:26 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" WSOP ME Broadcast on ESPN thread (9/12) (Days 4-6)

Sure prahlad was wrong in the end, but I don't blame him I don't like the cut of lisandro's jib.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why haven't they/don't they show where all of Gold's chips have come from. The mysterious added chips come to mind...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but they don't show every single hand of the Main Event on television.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:33 PM

Dirt's side of ante-gate:

First, to answer my own question:

[19:16] <PITTM> how the [censored] was that not mentioned?
[19:17] <imthedirt> bc no media or even TD is allowed near feature table

<imthedirt> ok so here is what happened
<imthedirt> dealer is collecting antes looks over at me and askes for mine
<imthedirt> i throw it in
<imthedirt> a little later prahlad says he thinks i already threw it in
<imthedirt> i wansn't sure and didn't really care
<imthedirt> but he says it a couple of times so I ask ESPN and a TD if we can look at the cameras
<imthedirt> ESPN says no way
<imthedirt> me and prahlad start bashing espn a little saying how it sucks that they can tape us but won't help us
<imthedirt> i look over at lisandro and he is fuming
<imthedirt> prahlad somehow utters the word cheat during all this
<imthedirt> lisandro goes nuts
<imthedirt> like 3 death threats including the "I'm gonna knock your teeth out"
<imthedirt> prahlad starts flipping out bc the TD won't do anything about it
<imthedirt> he was really pissed bc it was obvious ESPN was runnign the show and the TD's had no control
<imthedirt> I'm just staying quiet and enjoying the fact that the two best players are constantly getting up to talk to the TD and missing hands
<imthedirt> the thing lasted alot longer than it looked
<imthedirt> bc nothing would happen for a few hands then one of them would mutter something and both would flip out
Old 09-12-2006, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lisandro threatened prahlad after prahlad had left the table and was having a "private" conversation away from the table. if you can't speak to a tournament director away from the table about an issue that concerns you without being physically threatened, there's something wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. I don't know anything about general tournament protocol, but I am <u>beyond</u> shocked and appalled that no penalty was given to Lissandro for this. I actually am a lot less interested in ever playing in this tournament (or any live tournament which would not give a penalty here) because of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are living in a different poker world when people are beyond shocked and apalled that a guy who has been repeatedly called a thief (when the alleged thief knows for an absolute fact that he is not) finally tells the slanderer (who admits to not being 100% sure) to shut up or he is going to get his ass kicked.

The idea that "sir, you are a thief" is not as perjorative as "I'm gonna kick your ass" is crazy in my mind. I think we have some generational, B&amp;M v. Online bias going on here.

NCAces
Old 09-12-2006, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
roflmaoooooo

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm cuious as to why you are laughing ... Prahlad was totally in the wrong even before we found out that he was, in fact, wrong.

I think some of you Internet guys just look at it like the trash talking that goes on when you are online. Someone like Lisandro probably doesn't take it lightly to be called a thief, and be told that some punk doesn't trust him. Calling someone a thief could get your ass kicked in a bunch of places.

And how about Prahlad saying, "I've been playing the game a long time." Sheesh, Lisandro was playing poker when Prahlad's mom was still wiping his ass.

NCAces

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for a bunch of irrelevant garbage. You are curious as to why I'm laughing? Prahlad rubbed two bluffs in Lisandro's face right after the whole incident. I thought it was pretty funny.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:39 PM

People who overcare about their reputation to the point of making a threat they know will be televised on national tv kinda get the dillz.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

&lt;imthedirt&gt; but he says it a couple of times so I ask ESPN and a TD if we can look at the cameras
&lt;imthedirt&gt; ESPN says no way

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange how on the broadcast, they use the cameras to show that Lisandro was right. It shouldn't have taken that long to go back, look at the action and move along.

Another thing that was odd during the broadcast was how it seemed that the boards in a couple of allin hands on the outer tables looked to have been recreated. The angles just looked different that what was usually shown.

Edit:
Hour 2: Gold's AA v Hansen's 10-10
Hour 2: Einhorn's AQ v Thorson's KJ v Berryman's 8-7

In the first hand, there's a pair of sunglasses in the middle of the table. In the second hand (about halfway thru the show), they do an overhead shot with no sunglasses, then the sunglasses make a magical apperance in the center of the table. Am I just seeing something that's not there?
Old 09-12-2006, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
roflmaoooooo

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm cuious as to why you are laughing ... Prahlad was totally in the wrong even before we found out that he was, in fact, wrong.

I think some of you Internet guys just look at it like the trash talking that goes on when you are online. Someone like Lisandro probably doesn't take it lightly to be called a thief, and be told that some punk doesn't trust him. Calling someone a thief could get your ass kicked in a bunch of places.

And how about Prahlad saying, "I've been playing the game a long time." Sheesh, Lisandro was playing poker when Prahlad's mom was still wiping his ass.

NCAces

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for a bunch of irrelevant garbage. You are curious as to why I'm laughing? Prahlad rubbed two bluffs in Lisandro's face right after the whole incident. I thought it was pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think the two of them did that back and forth for a while? I got a kick out of inthedirt saying, ""yeah, and then he takes yours, you take his, back and forth," to Prah when he said, "now, that's poker."

NCAces
Old 09-12-2006, 10:48 PM

FWIW I think the fact that ESPN clearly runs the show at those TV tables is like really interesting. Given what else we've heard about their asking for reshoots and things like that, just seems unsightly.

You'd think the World Wide Leader could afford some editors skilled in the ways of using existing footage to make a story compelling.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who overcare about their reputation to the point of making a threat they know will be televised on national tv kinda get the dillz. [/quote

IMHO

People who call others cheats and not dropping it knowing it'll be on TV are worse than whatever word you just used.