Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 10:14 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" WSOP ME Broadcast on ESPN thread (9/12) (Days 4-6)

[ QUOTE ]
lisandro threatened prahlad after prahlad had left the table and was having a "private" conversation away from the table. if you can't speak to a tournament director away from the table about an issue that concerns you without being physically threatened, there's something wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. I don't know anything about general tournament protocol, but I am <u>beyond</u> shocked and appalled that no penalty was given to Lissandro for this. I actually am a lot less interested in ever playing in this tournament (or any live tournament which would not give a penalty here) because of this.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lisandro threatened prahlad after prahlad had left the table and was having a "private" conversation away from the table. if you can't speak to a tournament director away from the table about an issue that concerns you without being physically threatened, there's something wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. I don't know anything about general tournament protocol, but I am <u>beyond</u> shocked and appalled that no penalty was given to Lissandro for this. I actually am a lot less interested in ever playing in this tournament (or any live tournament which would not give a penalty here) because of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

pull your panties our of your ass, some of you people are just complete little girls.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:18 PM

Coleco,

Given what they were giving timeouts for, it is pretty surprising that Lissandro wasn't timed out.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually am a lot less interested in ever playing in this tournament (or any live tournament which would not give a penalty here) because of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you aren't going to play live tournaments because you're scared you will get your ass beat.......literally? LOL
Old 09-12-2006, 10:22 PM

The WSOP looks so fake to me this year. Yeah there is a lot of tension because of the money involved but come on. I have issues with a few things:

1. Why haven't they/don't they show where all of Gold's chips have come from. The mysterious added chips come to mind...

2. All players should be treated the same and if someone is threatened, the person threatening and "cursing" should be penalized.

3. While I was watching the main event feature table from tonight live, all the players got up and took a break while there was still around 15 min left on the clock. It took them about 10 min to call them all back and play continued on other tables. This is highly unfair and disgusted me. I tried to say something to someone in charge but no one would listen. With all that money on the line this is unacceptable.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the floor handled it fine. Remember, he also knew that prahlad had been pushing these accusations at the TV table, that prahlad had called lisandro a thief (he said he robbed the guy), and that it was only a 5k ante that wasn't even prahlad's. It seemed to me that he was goading lisandro into saying something like that

[ QUOTE ]
roflmaoooooo

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm cuious as to why you are laughing ... Prahlad was totally in the wrong even before we found out that he was, in fact, wrong.

I think some of you Internet guys just look at it like the trash talking that goes on when you are online. Someone like Lisandro probably doesn't take it lightly to be called a thief, and be told that some punk doesn't trust him. Calling someone a thief could get your ass kicked in a bunch of places.

And how about Prahlad saying, "I've been playing the game a long time." Sheesh, Lisandro was playing poker when Prahlad's mom was still wiping his ass.

NCAces

[ QUOTE ]
1. Why haven't they/don't they show where all of Gold's chips have come from. The mysterious added chips come to mind...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

"1. Why haven't they/don't they show where all of Gold's chips have come from. The mysterious added chips come to mind..."

Two totally unrelated issues. Moreover, the added chips were like a very small % of his stack in total and there's no way he had them all know. Gold got his chips by winning boring pots and a ton of hands where people kept walking into his monsters. Doesn't make for fantastic TV, and he wasn't on the tv tables or there weren't cameras on him.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was reviewed. ninjas sneaked it into his chip stack