Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 12:21 PM

Default What I don\'t like about the Poker Stars client

I play almost exclusively at Stars these days, because of the client and because of the sheer amounts of players.
However, there are a few "features" that annoy the hell out of me, and I can't understand what they're doing in the software.

§1 When a tourney (most commonly for me, SnG) opens, the lobby also automatically opens, it's so annoying to have to shut the lobby down hundreds, if not thousands, of times every month.

§2 When a tourney window opens up a small window inside the window pops up, that I have to click "okay" before I can "use" the table. What is the point in this? Does anybody read this information the 1000th time? It's an innecessary click (and it also makes a sound). But worse yet, if I for some reason had to restart the client or even reboot the computer while tournies were running, I will have to click these annoying "okays" once again for every table, before I can act, even if I'm in the middle of a hand.

It really saddens me that such a brilliant client has these innecessary features, but then again...these are all I can think of atm.

Anyone agree?
Old 09-01-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Re: What I don\'t like about the Poker Stars client

Zomg yes with point 2 especially. STarting a set of sngs sucks hard because of this.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:50 PM

If you right click the table name in the main lobby and select "register", the lobby window won't come up (the popup dialog will, though). The lobby window will still come up when you are eliminated or win the tournament, though.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:39 PM

huh? right clicking won't work for me...
Old 09-04-2006, 05:23 AM

I had it wrong. You select the table and click "register" at the bottom. And I noticed today that the tournament lobby window comes up when the table fills, so it's not that much of a difference. Sorry.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:59 PM

These aren't tournament issues, but 2 things I'd like to see changed:

1) More filters. More than once I've sat at a PL table instead of NL and only noticed when it wouldn't let me bring it in for my usual raise (often a couple of rounds into the game). Not *that* big a deal, but a little annoying.

2) Another filter I'd really like to see: "don't show tables I'm playing at." It's annoying to see an open table and try to sit there, and what makes it especially irritating is that when you do that, the lobby window gets minimized.

Yes, I understand that sloppiness in various forms is a direct consequence of multitabling, but those are two things I've thought would make my life easier.

This isn't intended as a knock on Stars; the software overall is about a billion times better than Party's, and I can't say how much I love the option to save multiple table layouts.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:49 PM

I knew there was another one I'd like to see: an option to lock the window sizes. Every once in a while I accidentally resize one and it freezes up the client. And sometimes instead of closing the window I misclick and maximize it *shudder*.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:18 PM

Somebody at Stars is WAY too in love with pop-up windows. In addition to the annoyances above why do I have to click a pop-up whenever I change tables in an MTT?

I would absolutely kill for a "Eliminate all pop-ups" checkbox, including tournament lobbies (SNG lobbies are really annoying).

Absolutely hate the main lobby minimising. It should never, ever do this.

Wish you could preset your default buy-in to a full stack so you wouldn't have to do this every freaking time you join an NL table. I think it's a total of about 20 clicks to join a table!!!

When you're coming off the waiting list and there's only one seat available, the software should automatically seat you in that seat (and buy you in for a full/standard stack that you would pre-define in your options). What's the point of making you click on the only available seat?

Turning off sound does not work! Turns off sound for everything EXCEPT the ding from the zillion pop-up confirmation boxes! This is REALLY annoying.

An automatic stack rebuy (esp in NL) that actually works would be really, really nice.

It'd also be nice to be able to select "auto-post blinds" while sitting out waiting for the blinds. It'd be even nicer to be able to slect these in your options so you ALWAYS wait for blinds and then auto-post (OnGame does this, one of the few highlights of their software).

If we really want to get progressive, a "Elegantly leave table" button would be great which would keep you in the game, but then sit you out when the BB hit you. The opposite of "Wait for BB".

Stars is still easily the best software out there, but there are some glaring omissions and some of their design decisions are real headscratchers.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:34 AM

Lobby filters would really be great.

This is one of the few areas where Stars software is behind a competitor's. Full Tilt lobby is definitely superior.