Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 02:23 PM

Default WPEX: Next Improvements Thread

This thread is intended to provide a fresh place to put improvement suggestions for the WSEX GM. PLEASE don't let this degenerate into a HUD anti HUD thread, though suggestions for other ways to handle the issue are fine.

My suggestions:

1) Improve the disconnection problems.

a) ensure that anyone who is disconnected with money in the pot is given all-in protection if they have it. Is this already fixed? It worked for me once recently.

b) change software so that in the event of a disconnect the disconnected player has a minimum of 10 or 15 seconds to reconnect and continue with the hand. This is one of the most important changes you can make and would solve a lot of problems.

c) improve the software, servers, and internet connection so that disconnects are less frequent.

2) Improve the software lag: this is better than it used to be, but occasionally it still freezes up long enough to fold me, always when other CPU hungry programs kick in a task.

3) Give us 6-max tables.

4) Make the cards by my seat bigger and more noticeable.

5) Improve turn notification. Make it so the table comes to the front when you get cards, but it doesn't steal the focus from other programs. I.e. if I'm writing on 2+2, I don't want my typing to be pulled into the chatbox. Make the action buttons (ie check, raise, etc..) a brighter more noticeable color. Give us more choices on what sounds we want.

6) Give us a "Wait for Big Blind" checkbox when we sit down at a table.

7) Hand history improvements:
a) write hand histories to one file per table instead of the one file per hand.
b) improve the hand history viewer. When I click the 'last hand' link on the table it should bring up that hand in the viewer.

Benjamin
Old 09-12-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Re: WPEX: Next Improvements Thread

[ QUOTE ]

b) improve the hand history viewer. When I click the 'last hand' link on the table it should bring up that hand in the viewer.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, PLEASE!!!

Also they should just make the holdemreview mod that everyone uses the standard graphical interface. I cant imagine how clueless n00bs can tolerate the normal software.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is intended to provide a fresh place to put improvement suggestions for the WSEX GM. PLEASE don't let this degenerate into a HUD anti HUD thread, though suggestions for other ways to handle the issue are fine.

My suggestions:

1) Improve the disconnection problems.

a) ensure that anyone who is disconnected with money in the pot is given all-in protection if they have it. Is this already fixed? It worked for me once recently.

b) change software so that in the event of a disconnect the disconnected player has a minimum of 10 or 15 seconds to reconnect and continue with the hand. This is one of the most important changes you can make and would solve a lot of problems.

c) improve the software, servers, and internet connection so that disconnects are less frequent.

2) Improve the software lag: this is better than it used to be, but occasionally it still freezes up long enough to fold me, always when other CPU hungry programs kick in a task.

3) Give us 6-max tables.

4) Make the cards by my seat bigger and more noticeable.

5) Improve turn notification. Make it so the table comes to the front when you get cards, but it doesn't steal the focus from other programs. I.e. if I'm writing on 2+2, I don't want my typing to be pulled into the chatbox. Make the action buttons (ie check, raise, etc..) a brighter more noticeable color. Give us more choices on what sounds we want.

6) Give us a "Wait for Big Blind" checkbox when we sit down at a table.

7) Hand history improvements:
a) write hand histories to one file per table instead of the one file per hand.

Benjamin

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly what I was thinking. Although I don't complain about disconnecting as much because im still trying to build my roll back up playing 1/2
Old 09-12-2006, 06:10 PM

Where can I find the holdemreview mod?
Old 09-12-2006, 06:17 PM

And what is it? I guess I'm a noob too.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:21 PM

Another threadon this, but I'll cross post mine.

Now WSEX needs to

WSEX thanks for Rake Free poker, this is now the only site I use and will remain that way.

1) Yes to the T-Shirts and other clothing items
2) Stop the disconnects.
I hit check/fold in the BB, but no one bet so I got to see the flop.
I flopped a straight and before I could act my hand was folded.
I have no idea why. I am 100% certain I did not hit a button after the flop.

There are still to many disconnects as well.

3) Get rid of player 0 and make it player 1
4) The Hand Browser does not automatically update. This could be cleaner. (Same as Benjamin #7)

5) Do not automatically pull me to the current window (Same as Benjamin #5)
Old 09-12-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where can I find the holdemreview mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

you may want to try ......

www.holdemreview.com
Old 09-12-2006, 07:50 PM

1) get some players.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:26 PM

1) Fix the rake calculator you have up on your site. It is way off. Your calculator says that someone 4 tabling .5/1 should make about $16 an hour in rake (based on 90 hands per hour). In my experience it is about $7.50. I have heard that it is way off at all limits.

2)The buttons at the bottom should be like every other site. For example I had 66 in MP last night and I hit call (0.50) and I go to another table. In between myself someone raised and 3 bet and I auto called $1.50 when of course I would have folded. If you hit the call button you will call regardless of what the bet size is when it gets to you.

3)For some unknown reason at one table I was sat out about 5 times and I have no idea what I did if anything. One of the things I like about the site is the speed of it, but if 4 tabling it can get confusing as to what is going on

Someone mentioned the table to act popping up automatically. You can change that in the options so that it will not do that and yes that is very annoying when you have 4 tables going.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:55 PM

1)Heads-up tables

2)More different games and tournaments to those games too