Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 10:52 PM

Default sidebets!

so i played in the 500+30 limit event at the borgata poker open today, didnt cash, but that dosent really matter cuz i looked at the payout structure, and apparently unless i made like at least 4th place or something, it would have been a complete watse of time anyway, but it was fun, and my table may possibly be the wildeest [censored] LHE table ive ever played at

anyway, on to more important things, during the event, i managed to get myself stuck $3400 betting on the color of flops against jfthomas(paridise regulars should know who he is, i think), starting with $25 bets, and eventually kicking it up to $50, then $100, he was running pretty sickly hot, dont think ive seen that many black flops in a row in my life, it sucked

by the time i got busted, i was able to get myself back to only being stuck 2000(plus 200 to another guy on river colors, and 200 for a last longer), so i made a decent comeback, i should have known that jfthomas was an expert sidebettor though and quit a long time before that, as i clearly did not have the edge

also, hes still in it, as well as 2+2ers Brad L and JAA, gl guys!
Old 09-07-2006, 10:54 PM

Default Re: sidebets!

You bet against black?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You bet against black?

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly i suck at sidebetting

also happy birthday
Old 09-07-2006, 11:50 PM

clearly you got hustled. he was obviously limping any two red cards to make sure there'd be a flop and either folding or raising black cards. this is a highly +EV bet when played correctly.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
clearly you got hustled. he was obviously limping any two red cards to make sure there'd be a flop and either folding or raising black cards. this is a highly +EV bet when played correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

we were playing with bonuses for certain things, like if it was 2 of your color, you got 100, 3 of your color, you got 200, and if all 5 board cards were your color, you got 400, and if there is no flop, the stakes double on the next round

so there was one hand where the stakes were doubled(the bet was just 50 at the time, so it was 100) and there were 4 black cards on the turn, he called a bet, knowing that he was very likely to be drawing to at most 3 outs, just to see if the turn card was a black card, of course it was( i think it was the 150/300 level of the tourney)

there was also a hand where i was in a like 4-5 way capped pot with red aces, i flop top set on a black board, some stuff happened, and the turn was black and i got all in with a guy with spades,(i think this was also a triple round meaning there were two hands with no flops, it was also at the $50 bet level), of course the river is an spade, i lose a huge pot, and have to pay like $600 too
Old 09-10-2006, 04:40 AM

dude...

noted theorist wesley snipes clearly states in Passenger 57 that you should ALWAYS bet on black.....rookie mistake

ill be back on monday or tues to teach you how to sidebet for long term profit

- Jeff
Old 09-12-2006, 02:44 PM

i just saw this post, i lost 4200 to tstonembd on red/black but i won 2 hotel rooms off of jfthomas