Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 07:23 AM

Default Stiffed on a deal?

Played a $100+9 buyin tournie at UltimateBet today and cut a deal when heads up.

I lost the heads up battle, and then the player promptly dropped offline. (he shall remain nameless for the time being)

No worries I thought, i'll just inform support i had the hand number where the deal was struck so it shouldn't be a problem for them to confirm and enforce the deal.

They write back and say UB WILL NOT ENFORCE ANY DEALS! Every other site I've played a deal is a deal and it's enforced by the site.

Why should UB be any different? It's not like it takes a long time to check the chat record when you have the hand number.

Why would they risk pissing off clients who have been stiffed? I know for one I'll never play another tournament there unless I get my money.

As far as I can see it's a service that should be provided as part of the $9 per player entry fee. They took over $2000 in fees for this event alone, surely a little bit of active support isn't too much to ask.

What does everyone else think? Anyone else ever been stiffed on a deal at final table?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Stiffed on a deal?

Switch to party or stars.

On both sites you'll get money IN YOUR ACCOUNT after the deal is done before you even continue to play out the tourney.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:07 AM

i think that's garbage.... but at the same time, i'm not surprised. i would never trust a deal unless there was a deal making client a la party.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:52 AM

I never consider making a deal at the FT of UB for that exact reason. UB clearly states that they do not get involved in any FT deals. IMO they have the worst support of any major site I've played but there tournies are good so hopefully you won't make that mistake again.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Switch to party or stars.

On both sites you'll get money IN YOUR ACCOUNT after the deal is done before you even continue to play out the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't play at party but that's not true of Stars. Dealmaking always works but the money is not adjusted until after the tourney finishes
Old 09-12-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Played a $100+9 buyin tournie at UltimateBet today and cut a deal when heads up.

I lost the heads up battle, and then the player promptly dropped offline. (he shall remain nameless for the time being)

No worries I thought, i'll just inform support i had the hand number where the deal was struck so it shouldn't be a problem for them to confirm and enforce the deal.

They write back and say UB WILL NOT ENFORCE ANY DEALS! Every other site I've played a deal is a deal and it's enforced by the site.

Why should UB be any different? It's not like it takes a long time to check the chat record when you have the hand number.

Why would they risk pissing off clients who have been stiffed? I know for one I'll never play another tournament there unless I get my money.

As far as I can see it's a service that should be provided as part of the $9 per player entry fee. They took over $2000 in fees for this event alone, surely a little bit of active support isn't too much to ask.

What does everyone else think? Anyone else ever been stiffed on a deal at final table?

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt UBs fault this is your fault. Party doesnt enforce verbal deals either. Nor does Stars if you don't have it confirmed by a customer rep.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isnt UBs fault this is your fault. Party doesnt enforce verbal deals either. Nor does Stars if you don't have it confirmed by a customer rep.

[/ QUOTE ]
What he said.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What he said.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is sorry, and if there is a chat log that shows this other guy agreed to a deal he shouldn't be getting rewarded for being a weasel, the site has some responsibility in this matter.

However, it probably was a good lesson for the OP to learn
Old 09-12-2006, 03:11 PM

I think you are SOL as far as the sight goes. I would go after the other party. Obviously this can't be done through the legal system, so I would post the chat log on here and try to publicly embarass him. I don't have a UB account so I don't know if they have a player search, but if they do I would constantly search for him and then bring it up in observor chat whenever you see him playing etc.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:51 PM

Good news, chased him down and after a bit of heckling and taking $300 off him in a $2/4 NL game he paid up, and we began discussing the final table monkeys who call allin with Ace rag.

Yay more money