Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Why is pot illegal?

[ QUOTE ]
Read the incoherent/illiterate posts of many of the resident pot-heads and you might have part of the answer!

[/ QUOTE ]

You underestimate the number of us that smoke pot, because most of us can write coherent/literate posts.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Read the incoherent/illiterate posts of many of the resident pot-heads and you might have part of the answer!

[/ QUOTE ]

You underestimate the number of us that smoke pot, because most of us can write coherent/literate posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad...coherent is quite the right word...unable to write a logically consistent post is a bit closer to what I meant. And that of course that would include you. In fact you were one of the first pot smokers that came to mind when I wrote my post.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I wasn't aware that compulsory education was an originally American idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said it was.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Your example doesn't even support your point. How does the KKK's advocacy of an ammendment to an already enacted compulsory education law imply that "compulsory education is the offspring of discrimination."

[/ QUOTE ]
It's part of the anti-Catholic bias there was in our history. It was also bad when the Irish were immigrating over in large numbers in the late 19th century with forced public school attendance, positive depiction of English treatment of the Irish and mandatory Protestant prayers.

Here's a longer account of how education got to be compulsory.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unable to write a logically consistent post is a bit closer to what I meant. And that of course that would include you. In fact you were one of the first pot smokers that came to mind when I wrote my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

My posts very logically consistent. You're free to challenge that if you want with an actual counter-argument of one of my posts, and not an ad hominem attack.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:41 PM

I'm not denying that there were some discriminatory factions involved in developing the American public education system. If that's all you said, then whatever.

But I know what you are trying to do! You are trying to indict the public school system as a whole (being rooted in discrimination is just a pretext).

There are lots of crappy things about any institution, but that doesn't mean that those things are at said institution's roots. You undoubtedly would advocate abandoning a public education system. Am I wrong?
Old 09-11-2006, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You undoubtedly would advocate abandoning a public education system. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but not because of its past discriminatory actions.

Like I said originally, this is pretty off-topic so if you want to keep arguing about this, start another thread.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't quite understand why pot is illegal. I am trying to remain un-biased. It seems that it is not extemely addictive and has no worse side effects than cigarettes or alchohol. What is the reason that legalizing it is such a liberal idea that seemingly the majority opposes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think pot smoking has terrible side effects. If it was legal more people (especially middle aged types no longer in touch with the drug culture) would easily obtain it. After a few puffs of what I hear is the new strong stuff they would inevitably get the munchies. Ice cream, chip, cookie, and late night pizza sales would soar, but so would heart disease.

Americans are already fat enough. Pot is clearly a diet killer.

~ Rick
Old 09-12-2006, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think pot smoking has terrible side effects. If it was legal more people (especially middle aged types no longer in touch with the drug culture) would easily obtain it. After a few puffs of what I hear is the new strong stuff they would inevitably get the munchies. Ice cream, chip, cookie, and late night pizza sales would soar, but so would heart disease.

Americans are already fat enough. Pot is clearly a diet killer.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think more potheads would be morbidly obese, yet they tend to be scrawny little kids. "The munchies" tend to go away when someone develops a high tolerance to THC from habitual use, and eventually it becomes an appetite suppressant.