Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 06:27 PM

Default Bellagio 100/200 Hands

These are all hands I played last week from Wed Aug 30th through Sunday late night. Anyone else play at these times?
Overall the games were good, apparently one regular donates a ton of money(500k this year is what Sam said) in the game. He dropped 30k while I was out there and it appeared he had no chance of winning, it was like he wasn't in the game, but his money gets into the pots somehow. I also lucked into a 4-6 handed dream session must move game with 3-4 other players who had no clue and then David Levi played for a while. I'm not sure if David is a winning player either though. A woman sat down also one night and played 90% of hands for 3 hours dropping 7k, that was fun.

Onto the hands.

AQ on button. mp lag(nicknamed Borgata Boy for anyone who was out there, loose, played decent postflop besides calling down way too much) raises, I 3 bet, Terri 4 bets out of bb, we both call. My image is TAG
Flop Q84 rainbow, Terri leads, lag raises, I 3 bet, Terri folds, lag calls. Turn T. Lag checks, I bet, lag checkraises

What do you do on the turn if Terri would have called the flop 3 bet?

Hand 2- K9s in bb. Folds around to Nikko(TAG) who raises on button, I call. Flop T92, I lead, Nikko raises, I call. Turn 3. I check call. River 3. I check, Nikko bets. Anyone finding a fold here or 3 betting the flop? I had check folded out of the bb once previous to him.

Hand 3: AKs in the bb. Nikko raises utg(This is a time pot also as that may tighten his range slightly) folds around to me and I 3 bet, Nikko 4 bets. Flop Kxx, I lead, Nikko calls. Turn x, I bet, Nikko raises

Hand 4:KQhrts in the bb. lag limper mp raises I call out of bb lag calls. Flop 846 w/ 2 hearts. original raiser bets, I raise lag from hand 1 calls 2 cold, original raiser 3 bets, I call. Turn is 5 of hearts

Here is a funny hand from the regular who has dropped a ton. We are playing 6 handed. He is in the cutoff and open limps, I raise AJo on the button, bb calls, and cutoff thinks and folds. ha The flop comes Jxx and he tells me he folded J6s.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 100/200 Hands

[ QUOTE ]

AQ on button. mp lag(nicknamed Borgata Boy for anyone who was out there, loose, played decent postflop besides calling down way too much) raises, I 3 bet, Terri 4 bets out of bb, we both call. My image is TAG
Flop Q84 rainbow, Terri leads, lag raises, I 3 bet, Terri folds, lag calls. Turn T. Lag checks, I bet, lag checkraises

What do you do on the turn if Terri would have called the flop 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhmm, if your question is based on different action, post the action. what happened after terri called the flop 3-bet? did the lag 4-bet? what was the turn actioN?

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2- K9s in bb. Folds around to Nikko(TAG) who raises on button, I call. Flop T92, I lead, Nikko raises, I call. Turn 3. I check call. River 3. I check, Nikko bets. Anyone finding a fold here or 3 betting the flop? I had check folded out of the bb once previous to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

who is nikko? you have to call this without a read.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3: AKs in the bb. Nikko raises utg(This is a time pot also as that may tighten his range slightly) folds around to me and I 3 bet, Nikko 4 bets. Flop Kxx, I lead, Nikko calls. Turn x, I bet, Nikko raises

[/ QUOTE ]

again, who is nikko? does xxx mean there's trips on board? if so call down for sure. otherwise, read dependent. probably call down.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 4:KQhrts in the bb. lag limper mp raises I call out of bb lag calls. Flop 846 w/ 2 hearts. original raiser bets, I raise lag from hand 1 calls 2 cold, original raiser 3 bets, I call. Turn is 5 of hearts

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd probably 4-bet the flop. bet the turn.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

uhmm, if your question is based on different action, post the action. what happened after terri called the flop 3-bet? did the lag 4-bet? what was the turn actioN?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm saying if Terri calls the 3 bet, then lag calls the 3 bet, then checked to me on turn.

[ QUOTE ]

who is nikko? you have to call this without a read.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know how often he is in Vegas but he was in that game when I played it in July and then was there all week while I was there this last week. He lives in San Diego. He is a friend of Mike's(who is a regular) so figured some may know him.

[ QUOTE ]

again, who is nikko? does xxx mean there's trips on board? if so call down for sure. otherwise, read dependent. probably call down.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't remember if it was trips or not, I don't think so, it was K62 or something random
Old 09-10-2006, 04:48 AM

I was in this game for the exact days u were. Who were you?
I know Nico, he was certainly one of the best players in the game. Borgata Joe is really only a lag pre flop. He is pretty honest post flop and is far more passive than your average 2+2 high stakes player.

AQ hand, you are probably toast, but I would call it down, and I would still bet turn if terri was in the hand.

K9 - three bet the flop. I think a folkd here is good vs Nico on the river.

AKs - depending on my image, I Would either 3 bet the turn here or call and lead the river. (i.e. if I was playing laggy I would three bet)

KQhh - uh, bet?
Old 09-10-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5'8 black hair, Indiana shirt, Youbet.com shirt, blueish long sleeve shirt. Southern accent. Who were you?
Old 09-10-2006, 08:03 PM

Me, you and Nico played short together at the second 1/2 table on Thursday (Im white).
Old 09-10-2006, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know Nico, he was certainly one of the best players in the game. Borgata Joe is really only a lag pre flop. He is pretty honest post flop and is far more passive than your average 2+2 high stakes player.

AKs - depending on my image, I Would either 3 bet the turn here or call and lead the river. (i.e. if I was playing laggy I would three bet)

[/ QUOTE ]

A turn 3-bet doesn't make too much sense to me here unless you think Nico will make this play and pay off with QQ/JJ. What do you think his preflop 4-betting range is?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:29 PM

hand 1 - bet, duh.

hand 2 - No, I'd never fold that river. If I'm donking that flop I'm 3 betting it as well 95% of the time. You're line is fine but I'd never fold in a million years.

hand 3 - The x's are slightly important so you leaving them out hurts the flow of the hand as well as was there a flush draw out there? Not that it really matters but in spots like that I'd just call down.

hand 4 - I'd bet most of the time here.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A turn 3-bet doesn't make too much sense to me here unless you think Nico will make this play and pay off with QQ/JJ. What do you think his preflop 4-betting range is?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what I was thinking, assuming I have a bit of a lag image. As I mentioned, if I think he will fold QQ there I would stop and go.

Nico's 4 betting range is pretty big in this game, maybe 88+ and AQs.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:54 AM

Hey Matt, I was your opponent in hands 2 & 3. It was good to meet you last week, too bad we didn’t get over to the Venetian again for any mixed games.

Hand #1: I think you’re behind here, probably to QT or a set. Borgata kid was laggy on the early streets, but a checkraise from him on the big streets was almost always a big hand. The pot is big though so I can’t really argue with a call down.

Hand #2: Not sure about the leading flop here, if I have absolutely nothing you miss out on getting another small bet out of me, since I’m betting this flop 99% of the time. My default line would be to checkraise the flop with your hand.

Hand #3: I think you put in the right amount of action, and calling down from there is fine. I may have checkraised the flop if I were you, but if you get raised again at any point I would just call down. If you 3-bet the turn and get any more action from me on that board, you’d be hoping for a chop at best.

Hand #4: I’d lead the turn. However, I probably would have put in more flop action since you’ve got the other guy trapped in there, either by 4-betting as played, or leading the flop initially planning to 3-bet.