Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 02:09 PM

Default Re: How to best tilt your opponents?

i think the best way to tilt someone is just keep hammering on them. lead/3bet, c/r a ton. if you never let up, they just blow up and hand you their chips.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:22 PM

1. Showing someone you bluffed them off a big pot, like theman's experience. It works better than anything else I've seen. Especially if you follow it up with an obnoxious comment like "I knew you'd fold because you're weak."

2. Act like you're the greatest player in the world after you make a brutal suckout on somebody. Egotistical comments like "I win because it's a game of skill." go a long way.

It can be a lame thing to do, so I don't do it often. It works well on table coaches and know it alls. Since they're annoying anyways, it's fun to do it to them.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:29 AM

Just having the appearance of being loose and fun dosent put them on tilt, but they will certiantly gamble with you and dont mind losing their stacks to such a nice guy.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:33 AM

saying "ty" in the chat after winning a big pot is the most effective way for the amount of time it takes
Old 09-08-2006, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
saying "ty" in the chat after winning a big pot is the most effective way for the amount of time it takes

[/ QUOTE ]

A good defense to this tactic is to immediatly reply "Oh, sorry...nice hand"
Old 09-08-2006, 12:07 PM

Default Straddle and Blind 3-Bet or 4-Bet your first UTG

It tells them I don't care what I have but I'm going to the river. Usually pisses them off... Pisses them MORE off when you 4 bet it blind with Pocket Rockets! Haha, was the luckiest hand I've ever played blind.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:12 AM

To be honest, I find it completely unnecessary to “try” to put people on tilt. Most players have so little control over their emotions that it’s very easy to get paid off on my good hands. Something as simple as betting into a pre-flop raiser can send them over the top and they push all in. You can almost read their mind... “ I was the one who showed strength and I have position! Take that bitch!” Simple... I call if I have it and win a huge pot, and fold if I don’t and lose a small pot. My folds reinforce that they can “push me around” and it feeds their ego - which is exactly what I want to happen. Pride is their leak and I will exploit it before the session is over. Of coarse, this (like all poker strategies) is very situational and is not my only style or tactic. It is successful against a high percentage of players though, especially college kids and online players.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:23 PM

The best way to avoid tilt, I have found, is to read the "Zen of Poker," and also to eat vegetarian meals before you play. Sugar, soda, should all be avoided. Concentrate on fruit, vegetables, and starch and good vegetable fats. Things like eggs and oily fish in smaller amounts are excellent for the brain and memory. Steak, pork, and chicken just make you more aggressive and you get angry when things dont go your way. I believe your brain consumes alot of "sugar" when you play poker, because you are concentrating extremely hard, and things like cookies and donuts are the worst for a steady supply of brain fuel. I believe this is why sushi is so popular among poker players. It is high in omega fish oil, low in saturated fat, devoid of sugar and white flour, and high in complex carbohydrate (rice). When playing poker, choose whole grain pasta, lentils, beans, rice, avoid sugar, caffeine, and meat altogether when you play cards.

The next time you go to play poker, stop at an Indian restaurant and order Masala Dosa, go play poker, and observe your state of mind. PM me and let me know how this worked out for you because I care about the advice I give.

Howard Lederer- studies zen, eats vegetarian
Daniel Negreanu- eats vegetarian
Chris Ferguson- eats vegetarian
Phil Hellmuth- studies zen, meditates, doesnt eat vegetarian

Hmmmmmm.

-J
Old 09-14-2006, 03:44 PM

After you call down your opponent and beat his bluff/semi bluff in a large pot you can say "nh" if he spewed a bit at you.