Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Partygammon

The point system is being exploited, extreme case:

A 1500 rated player with moderate to high experience on PartyGammon gains/loses 1 to 2 points for each cash game won/lost. He plays for $10 a point / $80 a game, eventually gaining 80 points winning a healthy sum from inexperienced players in the 1400 to 1600 point range. He concurrently plays eight 21 point matches for 50c each and purposefully loses them to offload 80 rating points at a net cost of $4 with each match taking 20 mins or less.

There are green and yellow ranked players (1400 to 1599) who are no less than break even against most of the 1700+ rated players on your site. They have been under 1599 for several weeks and I expect they will continue to exploit the rating system and take advantage of the unsuspecting.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, your site is infested by cheaters that use Snowie while they play.

ParyGammon stinks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect this from time to time. What makes you say that?

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

Reviewing your games afterwards and finding out how many people play "extraterrestrial" for ex.

And talking to any danish BG pro...
Old 09-09-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'll be the first. can i have my $100 back pls?

[/ QUOTE ]

2nded.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:28 AM

1. Reduce the rake.
2. Reduce the rake.
3. Reduce the rake and make it independent of rating
4. Better yet remove the ratings. As a 1900 player its hard to find a game.
5. Ability to make notes on opponents.
6. Software crashes frequently for me, I don't know about others.
7. Adjust the way disconnects are handled. I've been up 6-0 in a 7 pt match and lost connection and so I lose. Also, if you lose connection with a man on the bar in a single game I think you are automatically given a backgammon. TrueMoneyGames has Snowie analyse and settle the match after a disconnect which is a much better method.
8. The way you handled the bonus fiasco was terrible.
9. Most important, give me the ability to change the board colors [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I expect these changes will be implemented by Monday.
Thanks and happy rolling.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Our goal at PartyGammon is to ensure that your voice is heard and we strive to always improve the site and the overall user experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentence coming from a executive of PartyGaming made my day! Im still giggling while i write this.

Here is the truth about Party:

- High Rake
- Poor Customer support (standartized Replies, CS Reps not even caring about reading Emails...)
- Every software update brings new Bugs and fixes none.
- Partypoints system is screwed up
- No rakeback

Party hears your voice if you are a highroler, if you arent dont even care about asking.

Have a nice Day Mr. Partygammon

Peter
Old 09-09-2006, 09:51 AM

Hey Mark thanks for posting a stupid thread and never replying in it again! You run a [censored] company right there!

ENJOY!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Mark thanks for posting a stupid thread and never replying in it again! You run a [censored] company right there!

ENJOY!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you expect anything different? I can just hear the conversation at Party headquarters before he decided to come post:

O'Malley - Are you insane, those 2+2 fools will rip you a new ass.

GammonDude - No way Mike. We have a great product and they will appreciate hearing from me.

GammonDude - Holy Crap Mike, you are right they did actually notice the huge rake and the $100 disaster. No chance I am going back there again.

O'Malley - LOLOLOLOL Enjoy!
Old 09-09-2006, 11:12 AM

Nick,

That post is spot on and hilarious. Party reps only come here to spam/advertise and get us to be their beta testers. They don't come here to answer any tough questions or actually acknowledge we are the customers and they owe us something. Their management decisions regarding structure and things like allowing so big of multitabling which decimates the fish in the long run in order to enjoy short term rake benefits are so short-sighted. Their software team can't program memory handling worth a [censored], and they don't know what functionality means. And now they make worse their mediocre cheating/collusion measures by not listing the city of players but only their countries.

And you were 100% right that a rep will come here and then not be back as promised if they don't hear what they want to hear. They just don't get the first principle of customer service which is that they have to suck up to us, not the other way around.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, your site is infested by cheaters that use Snowie while they play.

ParyGammon stinks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect this from time to time. What makes you say that?

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll repost a trip report I wrote for another forum:

"So I played a bunch of bg [at PartyGammon] at $25-$125/pt. Everyone starts with a beginner rating, so I thought I have a window of opportunity to sandbag, while my rating is going up, and play opponents with a beginner rating, without them fearing me. At first I figured them for amateur gamblers, and a couple of them were. The rest I didn't feel much of an edge against, and it was the same people sitting there every day, playing a fairly strong game, and with a rating that wasn't going anywhere. Oh, the regulars also started declining to play with me.

On any other site, I would've imported all games into Snowie a long time ago and analyzed the games, but on Party it was difficult, because their history format didn't match anything. I finally found a script that converted histories into a recognizable format, and analyzed a bunch of games. The results weren't pretty -- I played fairly strongly, my error rate was 5 mpt/move, better than 5.5-6 that's typical for me. Snowie calls that error rate an "expert level" -- the next one is "world class". My opponents played better [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I am sure there was lots of bot usage on the opponent side and rating dumping, where a strong player loses a bunch of meaningless games to purposefully lower his rating. One opponent didn't make a single meaningful error in 200 moves -- Snowie called him "extraterrestrial", which is what happens only when someone simply uses a bot to make every move. Even the best players in the world will sometimes disagree with Snowie (and will be often right), so in the eyes of the bot the best human players typically have an error rate of ~2mpt/mv. This guy was around 0.2.

To summarize, PartyGammon is full of cheats, at least at high stakes. In the end I didn't make any money, but oh well, I hope to take another shot at it, if they ever pick up a large non-cheating player base."
Old 09-09-2006, 11:59 AM

Standard. Thanks for posting this.