Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 01:33 AM

Default Re: [url]www.snget.com....amazing?[/url]

I forgot the smiley.

Im merely telling you the last couple of doomstories which came off top of my head. Im sure there are more.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember when bots killed limit online a couple years ago. Then pokertracker based HUDs killed the last NL/PL cash games off about a year ago. It was only time for STTs to be killed off in the exact same fashion as limit and NL cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, multitabling+PT+HUDs have made cashgames harder than even one year ago. To kill off? I didn't use the phrase and I think it's silly to be so melodramatic.

Now I don't think this program will spell doom or anything. If for no other reason that this guy seems to be quite horrible at marketing his product. But that doesn't make using a real-time ICM calculator kosher.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I remember when bots killed limit online a couple years ago. Then pokertracker based HUDs killed the last NL/PL cash games off about a year ago. It was only time for STTs to be killed off in the exact same fashion as limit and NL cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, multitabling+PT+HUDs have made cashgames harder than even one year ago. To kill off? I didn't use the phrase and I think it's silly to be so melodramatic.

Now I don't think this program will spell doom or anything. If for no other reason that this guy seems to be quite horrible at marketing his product. But that doesn't make using a real-time ICM calculator kosher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?
Old 09-09-2006, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should players with photographic memory, or near photographic memory be banned ? Should players with "human calculator" minds be banned ? What's your point ? Nobody's saying that some players can have access to the tools and others can't. It's open to all.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should players with photographic memory, or near photographic memory be banned ? Should players with "human calculator" minds be banned ? What's your point ? Nobody's saying that some players can have access to the tools and others can't. It's open to all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a horrible argument, what if pro golfers worked their whole life to get good and then some club company made a club that gave the average joe on the street the abaility to drive the ball 300 yards, it would be the end of professional golf. This program is planting the seeds of that same model and appyling to to sngs
Old 09-09-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should i be able to use a car in a 100 meter running race because my genes do not allow me to run it in less than 10 seconds (not to mention the lack of training)?
Old 09-09-2006, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should i be able to use a car in a 100 meter running race because my genes do not allow me to run it in less than 10 seconds (not to mention the lack of training)?

[/ QUOTE ]

If everyone else can use a car too why not?
Old 09-09-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a horrible argument, what if pro golfers worked their whole life to get good and then some club company made a club that gave the average joe on the street the abaility to drive the ball 300 yards, it would be the end of professional golf. This program is planting the seeds of that same model and appyling to to sngs

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have to wildly speculate about this stuff. There already exists a very good analogy in the world of independent trading.

When the massive opportunities the .com boom gave rise to an army of home and solo office traders, the technology floodgates opened wide. By 2000 or so, the independent trader had available the processing power, communications bandwidth, technical tools, and information flows rivaling those of a Street professional -- at a price easily affordable for a independent pro's bankroll.

Wall Street did not die. Proprietary trading firms and hedgies did not lose all their edge, all their niche plays. Markets were not made exclusively by electronic armies of home traders.

The good independents who adapted to the new technology prospered as never before. The firm pros who took into account the changed landscape also prospered more than ever before.

The whole reason 22'ers have prospered so much in recent years is the vast supply of ever-available donks technology supplied us with. Now you want to cry foul when technology goes to the next logical step? Are you sure you want to be a whining hypocritical crybaby?
Old 09-09-2006, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have to wildly speculate about this stuff. There already exists a very good analogy in the world of independent trading.

When the massive opportunities the .com boom gave rise to an army of home and solo office traders, the technology floodgates opened wide. By 2000 or so, the independent trader had available the processing power, communications bandwidth, technical tools, and information flows rivaling those of a Street professional -- at a price easily affordable for a independent pro's bankroll.

Wall Street did not die. Proprietary trading firms and hedgies did not lose all their edge, all their niche plays. Markets were not made exclusively by electronic armies of home traders.

The good independents who adapted to the new technology prospered as never before. The firm pros who took into account the changed landscape also prospered more than ever before.

The whole reason 22'ers have prospered so much in recent years is the vast supply of ever-available donks technology supplied us with. Now you want to cry foul when technology goes to the next logical step? Are you sure you want to be a whining hypocritical crybaby?

[/ QUOTE ]

stfu cheater
Old 09-09-2006, 02:37 AM

A person who can beat others in the track (because of his genes and hard work) and make money by doing it does not want that everyone can use a car in the track. He wants to keep runnnig as running and leave car racing to others.

I dont like this program because i would like to keep poker as a battle of minds (i obv. have reasons for this). I have nothing against learning tools, but they should not be allowed in the table.
Closed Thread