Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 12:50 AM

Default QQ laydowns

#1. party 15. Terrible fish open raises UTG, I 3 bet QQ from CO, 15/10/700 SB "cold caps". Flop J high rainbow, SB bets, UTG raises all in, I 3 bet, SB caps. Turn brick SB bets I fold.

#2. live 30/60. Early limper, OK lagish player raises MP, I 3 bet QQ from BB, limper departs, MP 4 bets I 5 bet he calls. Turn J J 9 I bet he calls. Turn brick bet call. River ten I check fold.

zz?
Old 01-26-2006, 01:46 AM

Default Re: QQ laydowns

1) if he has 700 aggression, I would recommend calling down after the cap. Check his WTSD, he might be playing raise/fold.
2) what?
Old 01-26-2006, 05:52 AM

In the first hand, just slow down and get it to showdown, let him take the lead and fire his AK down. WA/WB

blake
Old 01-26-2006, 05:55 AM

plenty of TAGs will play AJ that way as in hand 1. hand 2 makes no sense in a pot that size
Old 01-26-2006, 06:02 AM

i would call down in hand one

i would probably bet the river in hand 2, i think checkfolding here is pretty bad, especially against a laggy player
Old 01-26-2006, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the first hand, just slow down and get it to showdown, let him take the lead and fire his AK down. WA/WB

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

problem is the all in guy, if I "cold call" the flop it opens the option for the sb to 3 bet
Old 01-26-2006, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would probably bet the river in hand 2, i think checkfolding here is pretty bad, especially against a laggy player

[/ QUOTE ]

what do I beat hand 2? seriously? whats he gonna call with, 8s? does an ok player ever 4 bet 8s here preflop when a tight player 3 bets from the blinds? does anyone bluff the river here ever?

anyways I'm tired and hate poker and in [censored] mood so I'll post results now. hand 1 in reality I was milliseconds from clicking fold after calling the cap on the flop and the turn was a Q and I ran down the SB's aces. In hand 2 my esteemed opponent politely flashed me pocket tens and I broke my arm patting myself on the back.

zz
Old 01-26-2006, 06:22 AM

he might call with AK

i dont know, a check/call might be better, but i really dont like the check/fold
Old 01-26-2006, 06:50 AM

after thinking about this hand a little bit more, i really think that the river is a bet

not for value, you will probably lose money on this last bet whether you check/call or bet, but i think that you are called by a worse hand more often than a worse hand will bet if you check

really the only possibilities for hands that you beat are probably AK, maybe AQs, possibly 88, it is more likely that you are beat at this point

but what you have to consider is the size of the pot, i think a worse hand will call you more than 1 in 15 times or whatever, not more than 55% of the time, so you will lose money on the last bet, but make it back from the pot making a bet the highest EV action

if you check, well i dont know the player, but i would think that it is doubtful that he will bet any of these hands that you can beat, so a fold is probably right actually

anyway, im going to bed, i dont know if all this made sense or whatever cuz its late and im tired