Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Re: I suck, but I want to learn

You are likely not a winning player right now not due to the hands you posted (lots of bad beats in there and the classic AA -vs- KK), but because you are failing to extract maximum value for the hands where you do have the best hand.

Value bets on rivers. Proper bet sizing so you take an entire stack and not just half. Picking off continuation bets. Playing your draws more profitably. And so on...

Rather than post hands where you lost your stack to a bad beat, why don't you post hands that you won to see if you played in such a way as to extract maximum value.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:47 PM

Most of these are beats that can't be avoided. You should definitely not check behind the 2 diamond board here. There are hands that you need to fold out still at this point. Sets are not folding but a FD will fold. You bet big and get him out.

The club Flush draw was a common cointoss that only certain players will take. Remember who they are and make a note like, "shoves with only FD". These players will actually make you profit in the long run, becuase you win this more often than not.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:57 AM

MasterJ,

Yes on the 4th hand I did win, but I got my money in bad, I wanted to know if this is foldable even with these not so good opponents.

evilempire & others,

Yeah, on the 3rd hand the converter messed up, he check-raised my $7 bet all in on the flop, not the turn.

I will try to find some better hands to post, I thought the biggest pots would be the best place start, I'll start keeping track of tough hands and post some soon.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:20 AM

1) completely standard.

2) you got your money in with the best hand.

3) you got your money in with the best hand. pot the flop next time.

4) after villian four bets all in, your beat, but your getting 3:1 with a BDSD and outs to two pair. With the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] i like calling a lot better, otherwise Im probably mucking it depending on the villain.

/thread
Old 09-09-2006, 10:23 AM

Standard hands. BBV though? Not much strat IMHO.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:58 AM

dude...
u have plenty of skills to beat nl25. i promise. people r soooooo awfull. i dont kno your playing style but i would try to nit up a bit for a while untill you get your feet wet while playing. nl25 is so beatable. u are obv running horrible thus you have lost some confidence. go find AZplayas post from a day or 2 ago about running bad and read it. apply all that and get your confidence back. maybe drop a table or 2. i can promise you that you are a winner at nl25 tho. just need to build your confidence back.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:06 PM

When I first started playing ring I ran terribly. Sometimes it's hard to tell if you're running bad or playing bad.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:17 PM

on the last hand i'd raise a bit more pf, bet a little more on the turn and when he raises i'd push then and make him decide if he wants to play for his chips. i dont like the whole raise reraise rereraise, etc stuff. i find when i just push and make them decide they make the wrong decision more often than not. making lots of little reraises says 'monster i want money but want to keep you in'. in this hand i think he has Kx or diamonds or even QJ enough to want to get it in the middle quickly
Old 09-09-2006, 06:31 PM

hand one you can get away from.

2/3 are fine, but bet flop on hand 3,

4 you can get away from too.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:36 PM

Hand 1: Popping it to 10 bucks seems absurd; that's a drastic overbet. Make a more normal reraise. Then when he shoves, call and get stacked. Nothing you can do about going broke with KK at 1/2 unless you have a helluva read.

Hand 2 is good. Sorry you lost. Ditto for hand 3.

Last hand: 3-popping the flop is awful. He's repping a huge hand and you're begging to play a huge pot with him. Just call, try to control the pot.

You don't seem to be doing anything awful, good luck with your adjustment to cash games.

Quickfetus