Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 03:22 PM

Default Bluff raising river blocking bet, 100nl

I rarely bluff raise river blocking bets but i think this could be a good situation to do so since the river completes the flush and straight.

Villian seems ok, got a big stack by getting paid off with a straight and then set over set. nothing out of line.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($547.96)
BB ($99)
UTG ($108.75)
Hero ($99)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $7.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($18) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($18) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6.
<font color="#0000FF">Villan flop check narrow his pf rr range by taking away AK. I think with AK he would lead flop but check TT+. I called hoping to hit a 3 and if he has AA or QQ i can stack him</font>

River: ($30) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $36 <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

<font color="#0000FF">with his blocking bet it seems like he has TT,JJ,KK so i decided to raise representing the flush. thoughts?</font>
Old 09-08-2006, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Bluff raising river blocking bet, 100nl

If you have seen villain fold in similar situations then it's fine.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:33 PM

I like raising the turn much more. I think it's likely that he's drawing to the flush (he's already proven he's a big donkey by all the raising amounts). I don't like to bluff this river card, because his bet on the turn makes it seems he's drawing to me... But I might be wrong, I usually am [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2006, 04:47 PM

i didnt raise turn because he could have had AA or QQ and i wanted to get a chance to bust him cheap