Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Re: $50 NL: Hand Reading Exercise-You Make The Call

Your range for villian is way way too small. About 10 minutes ago I just played (at 50NL) AA in a similar way (raise in front, 1 caller, I raise to 7, both call). 2nd caller had J9o, first caller had 77.

If you check this flop you are giving those guys with the PP a free draw to a set. Hell, you are giving AJ (which does call sometimes at this level) a free draw to a ten.

Given the flop play, you need to make your move on the turn. Re-raise to $12, and if pushed against you can use any reads on villian to make your decision.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:18 PM

why would you check that flop? protect your preflop raises.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pot the flop please

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FLOP
====
What range would you put an unknown on that raises, calls a good sized reraise PF? JJ-KK, AK, and maybe some mid pocket pairs and KQs for a loose player. I have 2 of the Aces, so AK is less likely from a stats point of view.

With the flop coming K-Q, if I pot it here, the only worse hand that calls is AK.

If my flop bet gets raised, then what? KK & QQ may raise here or wait to give me the bad news on the Turn. AK could call here and may raise.

So if I pot the flop, 1 worse hand calls, all better hands call, and I may get raised by either a better or worse hand. I ALSO JUST COMMITTED MY ENTIRE STACK TO THIS HAND as now $30 of my $50 are in the middle of the table on the flop.

I am not really afraid of any draws here as A-J, A-T, and TJ are not calling PF, so I don't really need to protect my hand. As the saying goes 'Good players protect their stack, not their hand.'

TURN
====
Weak bet by MP1. He could be trying to suck me in with a monster, take it down since I showed weakness, or get some value from his AK. I am not as concerned with that bet being him trying to price himself into a draw as I have the Ah so he most likely isn't drawing to a flush.

RIVER
=====
1/2 PSB on the 3rd heart. He doesn't seem afraid of the heart. Maybe he didn't think I would reraise PF with AKs. His bet gives a little more weight to KQs.

If he had a lower PP he wouldn't bet as I obviously have a piece of this board since I called the Turn bet.

So, the only thing I beat here is AK. You think he has it often enough to call this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're really overthinking this. You raised big PF, got action, now get your $$ in while you still have the best hand. What's wrong with pot-committing yourself here?
Old 09-08-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the way you played it, its an auto call.

[/ QUOTE ]