Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 07:25 AM

Default NL100: Nice draw in SB vs short BB.

<font color="green"> I suck at playing the turn. BB sat down recently, and he doesn't seem very good. A couple of limps PF &amp; a min bet on flop into a limped pot is all I have on him. That combined with his short buy-in has me thinking that he's not much of a player. Not tight, not ultra loose, but I think he's weak. </font>

Hero in SB: &gt;$200
BB: $35

NL100 4-handed.
Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
CO &amp; Btn fold, Hero makes is $3, BB calls.
<font color="green"> I raised him once before and he folded. I think there's generally a pretty good chance that he folds PF, and I haven't seen any signs that he's a calling station, so I would CB on most flops. </font>

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. ($6)
Hero bets $4, BB calls.

Turn is Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. ($14)
Hero's action?
<font color="green"> Opponent has $28 behind him, I don't want to be raised AI or called if I bet right? Do I b/c, b/f, c/c, c/f, c/r? </font>
Old 09-08-2006, 07:58 AM

Default Re: NL100: Nice draw in SB vs short BB.

I'd be often be inclined to just bet-call because he's so short. You're a 3 to 1 dog against nearly all his holdings. If you bet $10, and he pushes, you'll have to pay $18 for $52, so I guess it would be close enough to call. He probably folds a pair of sixes to a bet as well, so that's a plus.

Check-raising is a semi-bluff, and I doubt he's folding anything he bets with.

Check-call could work if he makes a weakish bet, but you won't be getting good enough pot odds/implied odds if he makes a PSB.

So I think I like bet/call best, but this is a tricky spot.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:14 PM

Default Re: NL100: Nice draw in SB vs short BB.

I guess you could try making a blocking bet of $7 or so, which could give you some folding equity versus, say, 99, and might be enough to keep you from getting popped by KJ.

Then again, if Villain is timid like you think, he might not bet all that much anyway if you check to him.

I don't see an obvious best play, but your draw can't take a lot of heat, and I do know that if you bet $14 and Villain pushed, you'd be forced to call and that would be a crappy result, as you'd be paying $28 for a chance to win $42 as an approximate 5:2 dog.