Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is the outcome of the bet?
Person A wins 0 0%
Person B wins 5 5.49%
Neither person wins 86 94.51%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2006, 11:27 PM

Default Re: i doubt this helps, but Mr. WPEX GM

Old 09-08-2006, 12:24 AM

Default Re: i doubt this helps, but Mr. WPEX GM

I didn't vote in your poll because there's no $0 option.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:18 AM

Default Re: so let me get this new WPEX thing straight

[ QUOTE ]

I will make a statement on the "names" issue tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was curious then about this upcoming statement...and am still curious now.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:52 AM

Me too.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:59 AM

*sigh* Funamental theorem of poker: Everytime your opponents make a mistake, you win, everytime you make a mistake, your opponents win.

What HUD does is reduces the number of mistakes that are likely to be made, by any player using it, thus reducing the differential between skilled and less skilled players. Reducing this differential costs the superior player both the profit genrated by the larger difference in mistakes that they would have had before HUD with a weaker player also utilising the same software.

Even though they would still have made more mistakes, their opponents would be playing proportionally worse, generating them more profit than they could have garnered previously. In addition they now must use this software on sites that utilise it, because they will be at a significant disadvantage should they fail to do so.

therefore, HUD and similar opponent trackers make poker less profitable as a whole, and more expensive in terms of start up costs. Any site that sticks to nothing more than note taking gets automatic kudos from me. Guys, stop tappin' the aquarium and let us get good on our own. Perfect poker = no poker. (Just like perfect Gin Rummy = No Gin Rummy for Stu Ungar... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Another Stu Ungar reference.)
Old 09-08-2006, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Any site that sticks to nothing more than note taking gets automatic kudos from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember back on the old Planet Poker when Roy Cooke said that the ability to keep notes on players would hurt the game. It gave the note takers a huge advantage over the confused players. I would like to hear his thoughts on PT and PAHUD.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you end up giving in to the demands of a small (albeit vocal) group I will be very disappointed. 2+2 is not an acurate representation of the poker world at large. Giving out names in your HH's will ruin your games (and then we'll have to listen to all these people bitch and moan about how bad the games are...*sigh*).

J
Old 09-08-2006, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most statistics need more hands than you'll play in a single session to become useful. WPEX obviously did this to discourage HUD usage. That's fine, but I still feel they are doing more harm to themselves than good.

It's been said before. Nobody is going to play at WPEX just because they don't have names in their hand histories. However, there are many users who will not consider playing there or even leave now that they've made their stance clear because of it.

I believe PA Hud support for WPEX would bring more PA Hud users to WPEX than it would WPEX users to PA Hud. Therefore, it makes little sense for me to add support for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting, I played at the site last night and GT+ worked just fine (except for that silly player 0 thing).

Again other sites allow people to change their screen names, why not throw a hissy fit over that?
Old 09-08-2006, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you end up giving in to the demands of a small (albeit vocal) group I will be very disappointed. 2+2 is not an acurate representation of the poker world at large. Giving out names in your HH's will ruin your games (and then we'll have to listen to all these people bitch and moan about how bad the games are...*sigh*).

J

[/ QUOTE ]

And the ironic thing is they will be the EXACT same people.

The new way ROCKS!!! Though could you change the players to 1 through X, instead of zero?

I am curious as to how many people with complaints here actually played and really checked it out before voicing their disapproval?
Old 09-08-2006, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I mean after all, there are no fishy games on sites that support PT and PA Hud. It's awful how tight every table on Party is these days, isn't it? The actual "small (albeit vocal) group" is the anti-HUD people.

Yes, the tables are tighter than they were a few years ago, but this was happening before HUDs became popular. More smart, intellegent people are learning poker for the sole purpose of making money. Instead of changing their game and learning to adapt, people would rather blame outside influences on their results.