Default Re: wow we\'re [censored] DEEP

[ QUOTE ]
Given the lack of information klonpucko has,

[/ QUOTE ]

this is key.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:59 PM

Default Re: results?

[ QUOTE ]
First of all; I was speaking about somebody reraising adequately preflop; I'm not speaking about someone like you who reraises with a way too small range; man, you're in for hell if you play that way, ...
Your idea of playing deep stack poker OOP (never re-raising preflop OOP to not create big pots where you will be afraid of getting raised on the flop etc) will make people run over you.

It's not bad not 3-beting too often OOP, I'm just usually doing it with LOTS or not at all kind of, I hate anything in between. You can go ahead and call every hand preflop as well, it's not terribly at all, I'm just saying do either one, DON'T 3-bet with a small range, that's the worst thing you can do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2006, 03:13 PM

RR preflop, rest of hand seems fine. Flop is very dependent on how table views you; if you have a laggy image, lead flop/fire turn is good. If you are viewed as tight, check/call flop.

Quickfetus

Quickfetus
Old 09-07-2006, 05:41 PM

MDMA I think you're right on about the difference between theoretical optimal play in these situations and actual real decisions.

What it comes down to in my mind is how often are we stuck in the situation of being massively deep and OOP with a great but vulnerable hand like this? Very rarely in online games is this the case. So, like in all poker situations where you're inexperienced and feel vulnerable, you play more conservatively to be safe. Its the same with people who tighten up a bit the first few sessions at a new higher level. Until you become more accustomed to the situation, perhaps the conservative play is the best play.

Now this of course is true so long as your conservative play doesnt stray too far from your normal (and close to optimal) aggression. And, this is why deepstacked live HSNL games are a complete different ballgame, even for the most proficient and experienced online players at mid and high stakes (who rarely play live).
Old 09-07-2006, 05:53 PM

I also feel that deep live poker has very rare 3 bets PF - this is based on what I've seen on Live at the Bike. However, most of those players are incapable of folding overpairs without putting a lot of their stack in first, so 3 betting PF is sub-optimal.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also feel that deep live poker has very rare 3 bets PF - this is based on what I've seen on Live at the Bike. However, most of those players are incapable of folding overpairs without putting a lot of their stack in first, so 3 betting PF is sub-optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a lot of 3-betting in the 10/20 bellagio game i played, but it was certainly more active than the 5/10 wynn game (both were pretty deep)
Old 09-08-2006, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

btw even if we only 3bet AA wouldn't it be possible to come up with some game theory way to play so that our opponent can't take advantage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Push preflop.