Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Play Along On A Resteal Attempt

This is a huge leak in my game that I am currently trying to fix. I know I am better than 90% of the people I play against, but I always seem to be a slight winner, bc I do things like this. I try to out play the 1 or 2 good players at the tables with very poor hands which leads me to playing even poorer post flop, when in reality I should be trying to stay away from them, with marginal hands let alone 42s, and exploit my much bigger advantage over the weaker players.

This isnt even a steal attempt for villan so that adds more strength to his hand than if he was on the button.

ok a side from that rant, the flop is an easy call, you want to keep BB in and you have very little or no fold equity.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isnt even a steal attempt for villan so that adds more strength to his hand than if he was on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a seven-handed game, a good TAG is going to be raising with a lot of very borderline hands from MP2 (which is the hijack in this hand). Understand, I'm not 3-betting in an effort to "outplay" him postflop...I'm 3-betting because I expect that a good portion of the time I'm going to get heads up with him, and he's going to call the 3-bet & check/fold the flop. And of course, I am very rarely trying a play like this.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:55 PM

I don't see neither of them being on a flush draw and you probably won the hand. But I still think, calling is better.
If you raise, BB probably folds and MP2 probably folds too. By calling you may have an overcall from BB and show your cards to everybody at the table.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:15 AM

If we raise here and are called by both players, won't that help on the turn and river because we know that the PF raiser has a big hand and additionally we can put the other player on a flush draw as well so that we don't spew here if the diamond falls and we lose to a larger flush.