Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Trustworthy Financial Advisor

Many here seem to be seeking an financial planner with integrity.

Mr. Now vouches for the integrity of this man, a fine and very experienced Certified Financial Planner:

Donald Coffin
Capital Financial Planning
203 605 6359

Don does not post here under pseudonym and does not play poker. What Don does do is a very excellent job-- handling more than a little of Mr. Now's money.

Don is a highly skilled Certified Financial Planner. You do very well to engage him, if you are willing to be advised.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Trustworthy Financial Advisor

Thanks, Mr. Now, for posting a specific person. I have not done this (and won't) because I was worried that people would think I was shilling for someone.

Perhaps you could talk a bit about the benefits of an advisor...there is a large contingent on this board that thinks they are 100% evil, unnecessary, and, in the language of this board, -EV.

It's funny, because the fact is that I have spent most of my career excoriating brokers/financial advisors, since they mostly suck. I find myself defending them here, which is a strange position to be in.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:36 PM

The winning players here know how many beans make five.

Players here with substantial cash flow are by definition very rational-- and are not buyers of obvious or subtle BS.

Winning players here know they are well served over a financial lifetime by advisors, such as accountants and CFPs, who are excellent and who consistently exhibit total integrity.

The advisor I name below is such a man. He is an excellent risk manager. He does an excellent job. His fees are small and well worth every penny.

CFP:
Donald Coffin
Capital Financial Planning
203 605 6359

Please note Mr. Now gains nothing now, or ever, from this advisor, for the recommendation here. I specify his name in service to players on this forum who are seeking a real CFP.

A real CFP can help in reaching long-term financial and risk management goals, if you are willing to be advised.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:00 PM

Mr.Now, do you talk like that in person? I'm just imagining a conversation between a gorilla and CPF, and the gorilla talks like you