Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 09:37 AM

Default Turning 21 in DC

At midnight tonight I will be hitting the big 2-1, and I'm not entirely sure of my plans. I won't be hitting up AC for a week or two, so I want to keep my activities within the District.

My main issue is that a lot of my friends are not yet 21, so 21+ bars are out of the question for the most part. Any DC OOTiots have good suggestions on what my plan should be for tomorrow night, as far as good bars/restaurants/other sweet plans go? I'm thinking about hitting up a nice restaurant for dinner, at least a couple of bars after getting drunk in advance with some buddies, hitting up the monuments once I'm wasted, then calling up one or two of my more attractive booty calls for sex/threesomes.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Turning 21 in DC

Try to pick up a waitress...first step: threaten to not tip!

I'm just playing. Happy bday dude. Go to adams morgan: Tryst has alcohol and coffee for your underage friends. Then go to Pharmacy Bar for mellow indie rock boozing, the Common Share for some sleazy 2$ boozing, Club Heaven for some yuppie boozy grinding, and then the Diner for some late night snacking.

Three Wisemen ftw,
--GA
Old 09-07-2006, 10:10 AM

Also, if touring the monuments when drunk/high make sure to go by the Einstein Memorial. The Center of the Earth thing always rules when under the influence of substances..
Old 09-07-2006, 10:11 AM

I spent sometime in D.C. last summer before I turned 21, and if your friends look reasonably old I know that the Hawk n Dove in Cap South NEVER cards if you are ordering plenty of food and drinks. Not the nicest of bars, but great for underagers. Also if you are into getting drunk on the cheap (I know I am), My Brothers Place has a 15 dollar cover drink and drown on Saturday night.

P.S. I had a friends ID, so I was able to hit more bars up than the regular underage, being that all mexicans look the same to east coasters.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:53 AM

I turned 21 in D.C. and it was the drunkest I have ever been. My friends from college poured several pitchers of beer down my throat. We were mostly at the 18th Amendment bar... or whichever amendment it is that repealed Prohibition.

I spent the entire next day throwing up and dry heaving and wishing I was dead.

Have fun!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turning 21 in DC

[/ QUOTE ]

BBV
Old 09-07-2006, 12:53 PM

Acadiana for dinner. Maybe Ceiba if you aren't a fan of creole/cajun. But if that's the case, I can't help you anyway.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Acadiana for dinner. Maybe Ceiba if you aren't a fan of creole/cajun. But if that's the case, I can't help you anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely want to try Acadiana - my main issue is convincing my non-baller friends to go to a restaurant costs that much, since they'd be paying for me mostly likely.