Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 01:20 PM

Default The Micon System

Has anyone had a look at the Micon system? My first impression was that this guy is a self-promoter from the word go, then he placed in the WSOP. Has anyone had a personal look at the CDs Micon is selling? (I get e-mails from Bryan Micon and others hyping this a few times a week, but it looks expensive and unverified) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2006, 02:12 PM

Default Re: The Micon System

Your game will improve by posting and listening here and by playing, a 'system' isn't going to make you magically win at poker.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:14 PM

Try 2+2 system.

I hear a lot of folks doing it did quite well in WSOP...
Old 09-07-2006, 02:16 PM

I know basically nothing about micon except that he's sucked out on me repeatedly, so take this with a grain of salt...but everytime I've seen him play he's just been a giant nit who sucks out on me everytime we play a pot.

[/bitter rant]

edit to add to the bitter rant: and then after sucking out he types stupid things like "JUSTICE" in the chat.

Steve
Old 09-07-2006, 02:55 PM

Steve, you sound a little bitter, do you need someone to talk to? Maybe a hug? Maybe some well deserved JUSTICE vs Micon will do the trick. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2006, 02:58 PM

Hey, you and AceLuby have some sort of a Location war going on?... It looks like you're losing... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2006, 03:12 PM

I used the 2+2 online and seemed to do pretty well. What I found to be especially good was the "improved" version with stack to blind ratio dictating your all-in moves. It seemed to drive the bigger stacks (better players?) nuts.

I've been mixing my 2+2 with the basic strategy in Harrington I and it seems to work pretty well. I'm just trying to figure if Micon is a suck-out artist or if he's for real. His antics at WSOP were hilarious, but he sock-puppets his audiocourse so shamelessly I'm not sure he has anything valid to offer.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used the 2+2 online and seemed to do pretty well. What I found to be especially good was the "improved" version with stack to blind ratio dictating your all-in moves. It seemed to drive the bigger stacks (better players?) nuts.

I've been mixing my 2+2 with the basic strategy in Harrington I and it seems to work pretty well. I'm just trying to figure if Micon is a suck-out artist or if he's for real. His antics at WSOP were hilarious, but he sock-puppets his audiocourse so shamelessly I'm not sure he has anything valid to offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that there are not too many TRULY WINNING players who are trying REAL HARD to sell their WINNING strategies...
Old 09-07-2006, 03:18 PM

I think part of the Micon System is to look like Ratso Rizzo and want to be Humberto Brenes when you grow up.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:30 PM

between his TV appearance and all his spam, i think ia reasonable conclusion is that Bryan Micon is probably a tool.