Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 02:15 AM

Default 3/6 Stud8 ????

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___calls

4th Street - (6.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (4.83 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (7.83 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls

River - (16.83 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___folds

Total pot: (23.83 BB - $143)
Old 09-07-2006, 03:08 AM

Default Re: 3/6 Stud8 ????

Oh my.
I know you're shorthanded but 4th is a pretty thin call.
5th is a fold.

I suppose on 6th just a call is ok since you're closing the action. I just can't see you being ahead of Seat 1 alone, or have a better draw. I really don't know what you're trying to accomplish with a C/R here. If you want to get rid of Seat 5, bet out and Seat 1 will raise, making him face 2 bets.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:56 AM

I'd probably just fold fourth or fifth. I'd probably check/call 6th as played up to that point. River is a definite fold.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:28 AM

I like betting out on 5th when Seat 1 blanks. I'd really like to see seat 5 fold if the 6 paired him.
6th street's wrong time to go to battle - I'd like the c/r better if it forced someone to call 2 cold or fold, but it doesn't, you're simply trapping them for more bets, because neither is folding - 8's up against 2 boards is nothing to be proud of - you're likely getting scooped. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2006, 10:48 AM

This is tough

3rd is good. 8s, 7s, and 6s with a baby have the edge over even the most premium or low oriented starting hands.

4th is good. It appears that Seat 5 bricked and is just peeling.

5th is bad-ish. There is a very good chance that the 1 Seat is just betting a low draw assuming you both peeled when bricked on 4th street. There is however a reasonable chance that this point however that he has a bigger pair(or rolled)...and your hand didnt improve. If you hand had improved here(in either direction) I would say its ok to continue here but it seems like you have too much going against you here. One pair, two opponents = fold

6th- dont jam here....ever, this is what sucks about being rolled against...it is really hard to extract value because you simply cannot raise here against their boards.

7th- I would just show it down I guess

edit, on 6th I meant being freerolled against
Old 09-07-2006, 11:51 AM

My thinking on sixth was that I had the high, and they both had a low. So I tried to build the pot as if I had a low and they both had a high. I realize that this was a mistake now becuase they have the possibility of catching up to me for the high.

I still just can't believe I folded 7th, I mean the pot was huge.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:07 PM

Limp and call 1 on third.

Fold fourth.

ETA:

Fold fifth.

Fold sixth.

Fold river.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Limp and call 1 on third.