Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 11:44 PM

Default Re: playing one table of SSNL

If you are really going to 8 table (I do when clearing Bonuses - which is almost all of the time). Get a third monitor. That way you have your 8 tables with no overlap, plus you can have your Poker Tracker / E-mail / Winamp / Firefox up at the same time. Doing this really made a difference for me.

BTW I tried playing up to 10 at one point, and that was too much for me. 8 is my absolute limit.

Another alternative is playing the 6-max tables, when I'm doing that I max out at 4, unless I am clearing a party bonus at 25NL in which case I will play 6.

Margon
Old 09-06-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Re: playing one table of SSNL

[ QUOTE ]
I started with 2, then moved to 3, now 4-tabling. Each move was made when I found myself getting bored and making more plays just to generate some action. Should be more disciplined than that of course. Frankly, there are times when I think I should go to 5 tables, but I haven't yet and keep telling my self "discipline, you fool!" Start with one and add more if you want/need to after you get some more play under your belt.

[/ QUOTE ]

depending on where you are playing i believe that making moves may not be such a bad idea, AT uber weak tight tables, Loose raising is by far the most profitable way to go for a couple of reasons, 1.) people often still do not open up their ranges, so when they play you know what they have relatively 2.) the average ssnl three betting range is soo small you can get away from them almost always, except when you get the min raisers out there who dont want the donkey "you in this situation" to fold when they have a big hand, in that scenario i call with my pairs and suited hands and hope to flop big-o if not then im out with a quickness and last but not least 3.) you will get paid down much more often when you actually have a hand then when you do not, people do not see past your c bets so they dont notice when the big bets come out that your actually holding a hand