Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 08:35 PM

Default Re: ($60 turbo) FPS

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that bb is 2+2 makes me want to min raise less, because I think he is more likely to put you on a huge hand than the average donkey. I would standard raise here, t450-t475 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost never raise between 2 to 2.5 bb, always 2.5 to 3 or more or in rare circumstances a minraise

I was trying to think of the raise amount that would get Roland to think I was full of it and shove on me with air. I think t450 telegraphs that more than a pure minraise... and if I made it t550 Roland would know that he almost certainly doesn't have much FE.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:42 PM

No one likes a push? I guess I don't hate something less if I have reason to think it'll get me more action, but I don't like varying my play based on my hand, and there's not a lot I'd open in this spot that I wouldn't push under normal circumstances. Plus, I really think people (at the 16s/27s where I live, anyway) like to pick off your AK with a PP here and you get enough calls from those to make up for the times you just get the blinds with a push.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one likes a push? I guess I don't hate something less if I have reason to think it'll get me more action, but I don't like varying my play based on my hand, and there's not a lot I'd open in this spot that I wouldn't push under normal circumstances. Plus, I really think people (at the 16s/27s where I live, anyway) like to pick off your AK with a PP here and you get enough calls from those to make up for the times you just get the blinds with a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

i havent started pushbotting yet
Old 09-06-2006, 08:47 PM

fold pf.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

die
Old 09-06-2006, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that bb is 2+2 makes me want to min raise less, because I think he is more likely to put you on a huge hand than the average donkey. I would standard raise here, t450-t475 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost never raise between 2 to 2.5 bb, always 2.5 to 3 or more or in rare circumstances a minraise

I was trying to think of the raise amount that would get Roland to think I was full of it and shove on me with air. I think t450 telegraphs that more than a pure minraise... and if I made it t550 Roland would know that he almost certainly doesn't have much FE.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a nice thought but I don't think he is shoving either way unless he has a huge hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2006, 08:51 PM

If you want to disguise it from him then limp. Otherwise raise to 500.

Yugoslav
Old 09-06-2006, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i havent started pushbotting yet

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean in this particular SnG? That wouldn't stop me from starting with AA, especially against people for whom a push might actually disguise the strength of my hand.

Probably doesn't really matter here, since the stack sizes given at 100/200 make it highly unlikely that you get action unless someone else woke up with a hand, no matter what you do.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to disguise it from him then limp.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, raise to something like 531 -- if he's distracted (busy on another table), he might think you're all-in because of the odd amount.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:20 PM

I clicked on this thinking "Wow, if Durron considers something FPS, it must be some wild [censored]."

I am thoroughly disappointed.