Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Re: My first 100,000 hands at 5/10. Where can I improve?

[ QUOTE ]
36/14/1.9

[/ QUOTE ]
and your roommate plays preflop almost the same way?

both of you are playing differently preflop than any other player on this site, and several other poker sites.

you are certainly not stealing anywhere near enough, and since stealing is such a basic idea, this leads me to believe that your theory should just about be fully discounted, regardless of whatever results you post later.

sorry
Old 09-06-2006, 02:48 PM

My advise to play more TAG post flop, and steal some more and defend your SB more pf. I'd be looking at BB defenses as well. Particularly non steal defenses. You might be spewing some there.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:32 PM

Anybody taking money on deadmoney actually posting his and roomates "identical" stats where he is beating him by 3-5 BB/100 over a significant sample size? I missed out on the $1100 Mansion bet and want some action.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
36/14/1.9

[/ QUOTE ]

both of you are playing differently preflop than any other player on this site, and several other poker sites.

you are certainly not stealing anywhere near enough, and since stealing is such a basic idea, this leads me to believe that your theory should just about be fully discounted, regardless of whatever results you post later.

sorry

[/ QUOTE ]
Forget it, this is not worth the time. I'm not going to try to convince 1000 2+2ers to play differently, my views are falling on deaf ears that are stuck inside the box. I know I play differently than anybody on every poker site, I never see anyone with my stats--and I'm glad. The worst table I can think of is a table full of people with my exact stats.
My solace can come from the fact that every player that I have more than 1000 hands logged against is losing against me... all of them. You can steal the blinds, I'll steal the turn. Additionally, its good to hear that no one even wants to try to challenge axioms in this forum--I'll never have to be up against a table of identical stats.
I'm sure your next comments will be, "you will be missed..." etc, and new concepts will get buried and forgot. Mark this as the day that you missed out on something bigger.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:34 PM

A quick screenshot would take less time than this post.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mark this as the day that you missed out on something bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now where's my calendar?
Old 09-06-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A quick screenshot would take less time than this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

and to fail to do so after all the un-backed up assertions is shameful.

As a rebuttal any other player can post their winrate over a significant sample with their aggression stats and a proper discussion not this back and forth bitchfest could actually take place.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
36/14/1.9

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry

[/ QUOTE ]
Forget it, this is not worth the time. I'm not going to try to convince 1000 2+2ers to play differently, my views are falling on deaf ears that are stuck inside the box. I know I play differently than anybody on every poker site, I never see anyone with my stats--and I'm glad. The worst table I can think of is a table full of people with my exact stats.
My solace can come from the fact that every player that I have more than 1000 hands logged against is losing against me... all of them. You can steal the blinds, I'll steal the turn. Additionally, its good to hear that no one even wants to try to challenge axioms in this forum--I'll never have to be up against a table of identical stats.
I'm sure your next comments will be, "you will be missed..." etc, and new concepts will get buried and forgot. Mark this as the day that you missed out on something bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

deadmoney...yeah
Old 09-06-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
36/14/1.9

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Deadmoney,

you can shut everyone up with a screenshot. Ignore the peanut gallery for once and just post it when you get home. You're new refusal to do so just makes us all doubt you more.

36/14/1.9 does not in any way sound like winning poker IMO. I don't understand how you can be winning 3-5 BB/100 with that play style and would be floored if you could explain it/prove it. Paragraphs won't do it. We need HH's and PT screenshots.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:27 PM

Hey deadmoney I have no problem with your style and stats and I wouldn't be very surprised if you are a winning player.
I don't believe in stat numbers though. The numbers give just a n average value and fail to give an idea of how a player reacts to his playing environment. I mean you might have the "perfect numbers" and still underperform b/c you fail to adapt to the game dynamics you play.
There is no perfect strategy. Your turn play might be perfect for the games you play but you might have to reconsider when for example you run against players that will 3-bet with a higher frequency your turn raises