Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 07:35 PM

Default Re: my girlfriend just tried to kill herself.....very serious.

I actually wanted to reiterate what one of the posters down below mentioned. When this is all said and done or at least, a bit more under control, definitely make sure you take care of yourself... I'd probably seek professional counseling, but you may not feel the need. At the very least, make sure you attend to how this whole situation has affected you, and don't overlook the possibility that it has had a greater effect on you than you initially realized. Best of luck to you.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:11 PM

I'm in a [censored] up 6 year relationship like this. My girl goes crazy a lot and talks about killing herself. Ive done my fair share of drugs and consider myself VERY stable so I feel liek I should be able to help her. The problem is.. she never listens.

I've experimented with prescription meds and know what they do to you. They give you a big ass buzz just like any other drug. These god damn psychiatrists are prescribing adderrol to kids because they act a lil inattentive! Me and my buddies take adderrol and get a nice "coke" high from it.

Anyway.. my girl sits on the coutch.. smokes cigs and smokes dope. I tell her to quit smokin and start excersizing! I did it myself and felt great. Everytiem I push her to do it she blows up at me. Well so she goes into the dr and he throws her on some pills. Give me a fukin break... the right thing to prescribe is EXRCISE!!! These Dr.'s have never even taken these drugs.. they don't know what they do to a person.. they just "read" what they do. Very frustrating to me. They just want the MONEY! And they probably honestly think they are helping the person but they aren't.

The truth is the meds string people out and cause very harmful dependencies. I think they end up fukin your head up even more in the long haul causing even worse conditions. i mean.. was everyone this depressed 100 years ago when the meds weren't around?

People need pride to feel good. I wouldn't feel very proud if I knew meds were keeping me "sane" and I was actually "crazy". I can go on and on... but the clear and logical thing to do is do healthy things and your body/mind will be healthy. Drugs ain't healthy.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I doubt she will actually do it. If she really wanted to kill herself do you really think she would have text msg'd you for you to "come to her rescue." I have dealt with women like this in the past who strive for attention; next time don't come to her rescue otherwise you are just feeding into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea def sounds like more of an attention thing, I mean I'd still get her help because somethings wrong with her but I highly doubt she was gonna do it
Old 09-06-2006, 08:27 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
I highly doubt she was gonna do it

[/ QUOTE ]

Famous last words from a sound bite on the evening news.

Get PROFESSIONAL help immediately. Listen to Chesspain, he knows what he is talking about.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:22 PM

Default UPDATE.

Well, I called up a the suidide hotline and after talking to my girl for awhile she agreed to talk to the suicide line. After talking with her the woman on the line said "get her to a hospital ASAP no matter what". So after convincing her to get into the car and go to the hospital, we get there and

The hospital (its Vancouver, so the waiting room is filled with 20 somethings screaming cause they are having a bad trip on something). Kinda a [censored] up antmosphere I'd rather not put her in right now, but whatever.

We get through a short admitance line and the woman at the counter wants $430 up front to even let her talk to someone (my girl is a Jap citizen, not Canadaian).

So my girl starts walking away and stuff. The admitance girl was a total [censored] and basically made it seem like I shoudn't be taking her to the hospital and like this was my problem. WTF.

Anyway, I left and I gotta figure something out today. My girlfriend does not have that kinda money. I do, but I feel pretty weird being in my early 20's spending what will probably be thousands on my girlfriends psychaitrist bills.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: UPDATE.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I called up a the suidide hotline and after talking to my girl for awhile she agreed to talk to the suicide line. After talking with her the woman on the line said "get her to a hospital ASAP no matter what". So after convincing her to get into the car and go to the hospital, we get there and

The hospital (its Vancouver, so the waiting room is filled with 20 somethings screaming cause they are having a bad trip on something). Kinda a [censored] up antmosphere I'd rather not put her in right now, but whatever.

We get through a short admitance line and the woman at the counter wants $430 up front to even let her talk to someone (my girl is a Jap citizen, not Canadaian).

So my girl starts walking away and stuff. The admitance girl was a total [censored] and basically made it seem like I shoudn't be taking her to the hospital and like this was my problem. WTF.

Anyway, I left and I gotta figure something out today. My girlfriend does not have that kinda money. I do, but I feel pretty weird being in my early 20's spending what will probably be thousands on my girlfriends psychaitrist bills.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if you should pay for her bills though, paying the 400 something upfront was fine but if you start paying thousands in other charges, you might be inclined to stay with her for a lot longer even if you guys still keep having major problems. Sounds like this girl is a chore to be around too
Old 09-06-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Re: UPDATE.

Did you tell them she was suicidal and the suicide hotline person told her to go to the hospital? The hospital should not be asking you to pay, and if she doesn't have the money, then they can't turn her away... unless Canada has some cruel medical system that even the cold-blooded US hospitals don't have.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:24 PM

Default Re: UPDATE II

The lady at the hospital was just an ignorant bitch. I took her to a free clinic today and after talking with a counceler and a Dr for 2-3 hours She was moved to the hospital for a few days of observation. They said she was "high risk"

To everyone who said don't go to a hospital.
1. You shouldn't say something unless u know it.
2. I have had other girls say they would kill themselves if I did xyz. They didn't but sometimes the threats can be very serious. I was playing poker when I got the text msg and I actually didn't take it very seriously, but I checked "don't post" when I got it and waited till I was done.

If she would have killed herself during those momments I would be a different person for the rest of my life.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have had other girls say they would kill themselves if I did xyz.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of girls do you go after? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'm glad you got her the help she needs. Now, I recommend that you take some time to seriously consider if you want to deal with this girl's mental problems. They may or may not be with her for the rest of her life. To me, it wouldn't be worth it, but only you know how you feel about her.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:37 AM

Well, i'm glad it worked out. I personally would get her to the hospital and then leave for good. Life is hard enough without having to carry someone else who can't handle even the basics. I feel sorry for her in the deepest way, because i'm sure she's suffering a lot, but no man in her life is going to be able to help her... that's what the professionals are for. If she gets her head right down the road, then i'd reconsider, but it would probably be too late by then and i'd have moved on.

All the best. I hope you both get what you're looking for.