Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Buddy got dumped, move here standard?

When I was in college, (early 80's) a friend of mine and I had the same plan when we either were having a run of bad luck with skirt chasing, or had a breakup. We would just get in a crazy mood and say F those Bit&#s, let's go be a-holes to them tonight and to h#ll with them. We would go out and do things like ask a chick to dance, and if she said no we'd get rude and say something like " That's ok, I really need to take a sh1t anyway." We'd just goof off and be jerks and laugh our butts off at all the stupid things we said and did to the chicks. The funny thing is, this usually had us in a great mood and ended up attracting women. i always felt better when in a downer mood when we went out with the intention of being jerks just for the fun of it.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:13 AM

Ego,

You're doing fine. When he does eventually want to talk about it just make it clear that another girl will come around before he knows it. If he was normal enough to keep one normal girl around for 3 years, he's in fine shape.

-Craig
Old 09-06-2006, 11:26 AM

yea sorry guys, its HSSCKH, i missed an S lol. and the last H is himself. Solid advice from everyone, though I am 100% positive she never cheated on him, they were honestly in love. She would never do that. The breakup was unbeleivably short though, she was out in the hall for 5 minutes. Other info I messed up: together two years not three, I guess I thought they got together their junior year but last night I said something like "three [censored] years, dude, wtf" and he said "nah, only two" then laughed.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Better to Break than Be Broken

His GF was planning the breakup for weeks and more likely months.
Because of this, she has already mentally moved-on for the most part while your buddy is still in shock. To help your buddy, TAKE the lead. Your number one priority needs to be to get him around other girls FAST. Throw a party, take him to parties, go to clubs.....any place with other women. Be the host and introduce him to new women. Be fun and playful. Grab you buddy and walk up to new women and say things like, "Meet my best friend Joe, he was dating this girl that looked like a Playboy center fold for 3 years. We were all jealous of him and then out of the Blue dumps him....can you believe that?" Say this in a playful manner with a smile on his face. Be outgoing and playful. And if his former GF did not look lke a centerfold...then lie. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If your not naturally outgoing then fake it. Do it for your buddy.

What you have to watch out for is when your buddy finds out about his GF going out with other guys. He may start thinking she is [censored] them (which will eventually be true) and this will make his mind even worse. The best scenario is your buddy meats another girl, gets laid, and if his ex-GF finds aout about it....this is even better. It sends a message to your friend that he is marketable and he can get other women. This is obviously true but he needs to prove it FAST by nailing another chick quick. Sorry if this sounds crude but if you want fluff then go watch Oprah and Dr Phil....
Old 09-06-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

oh yea I pwned the card game lol

[/ QUOTE ]

brag post
assist: first post
Old 09-06-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude just hang around with him and stuff. Oh, and don't let him make any desparation win her back type of moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 09-07-2006, 12:10 AM

Not much you can say intially, cause your buddy is gonna be upset. He obviously won't want to do much intially. He might just want to vent.

You might start a conversation with something like "I can't believe it, everything seemed to be going so well..." And maybe he will jump in.

Next weekend you have to make sure that you take him out. Convince him that he is a good looking guy and other girls will want him and that there are plenty of fish in the sea.

Some ppl get over it quicker than others
Old 09-07-2006, 12:50 AM

I got dumped in a bad way a few months back and really appreciated a few of my friends taking me out to a bar to get drunk and listening to me bitch about it a bit. I think you have done fine - offered to hang out with him and get drunk, if he doesnt want to right now he probably just wants some space.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:12 AM

the only thing besides you on his side right now is time!