Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Buddy got dumped, move here standard?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
9/10 times a girl ends a serious relationship b/c she is seeing someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% true
Old 09-06-2006, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My best friend at school has been with this girl for well over three years, since his junior year in high school. We are now roommates in an apartment in our second year of college, and his girlfriend used to hang out with us all last year in college, we would go out together or in groups, and I genuinely like the girl. She and him were really inseparable, and besides me he didn't hang out with any other guys, she was really his whole life.

I was talking to her as she was walking up to our apartment door at the same time I was. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, however when she got in she told him to walk out into the hallway with her. About 5 minutes later he walked back in in what looked to be complete shock. "You in the dog house?" I asked him jokingly, I always give him [censored] about being whipped by her. He looks at me kind of weird and says, "I just got broken up with" and sits down. Anchorman is on, and our other two roommates are sitting there kind of awkwardly, they aren't as familiar with him as I am, and so they leave, expecting me to console him. We routinely lie to each other about things and try to call the other person out, so I laugh and say, “Dude, not funny. If you’re joking about this I swear I’m going to punch you”, still laughing. He looks at me all sad-like and says “I’m not joking, Nate.” Damn. This sucks. FWIW, she left him because “she hadn’t experienced the single life enough,” which is all I got out of him.

Look, I love this guy like a brother, and would do anything for him. However, I don't really know that much about helping out a bro in need. I asked him if he was cool, and wanted to talk about it, but he just said "no " and kept watching Anchorman in silence. My response was "Look man, I know this sucks, and I have class at 9 tomorrow, but [censored] that, you wanna break out some of the Jack and play cards with X and Y (who are some neighbors of ours)?" He loves cards, but isn't good, watches me play all the time. We can't really go out and drink since we are both underage, and I have no bud so getting high and chilling is out too. He said sure and we are about to do just that in a couple of minutes, but he doesn't look thrilled.

Is this standard here? I assumed he would want to get drunk and maybe reminisce with some friends, start drunkenly ranting "[censored] you (insert girls name here), ya whore." He doesn't look too happy obviously, and doesn't seem to want to talk about it. I guess I could tell him that we can call the whole thing off, but whatever he wants to do is ok, etc.

He hasn’t said anything about her yet, so I don’t want to ask him about how to treat this girl when I see her. I don’t have any experience with how to help him out, like I said. I plan on being cordial if I see her on campus but to stop having conversations with her so it’s clear how I feel about her doing what she did. Is that good or should I not let it stop my convos with her? And no, I’m not going to make any move on her at any point in time, regardless of what Man Law dictates is ok.

Some of you guys are way older than I am, and have some experience with something like this. Please take a little time on this, don’t just respond with the obligatory “OOT is not your blog, learn how to do this [censored] yourself.” Oh yea, I will not SIIHP, nor will HSCKH. I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

HSCKH

how do i still not know what this means?

[/ QUOTE ]

He should seriously consider killing her
YSSCKY - you should seriously consider killing yourself
just look up wiki next time for all those it knows everything lul
Old 09-06-2006, 05:46 AM

egocial: Looks to me you've done a good job.
When my college buddy's gf broke up with him, I dragged him to the beach for a long walk. He got rid of what he wanted to say, and after about 3 hours of talking I just gave him some space to be alone.

The more difficult part set in, when he was determined to win her back. Trying to convince him otherwise didn't work, so I had to watch him prolonging the painful part for a couple of weeks. That sucked hard.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My best friend at school has been with this girl for well over three years, since his junior year in high school. We are now roommates in an apartment in our second year of college, and his girlfriend used to hang out with us all last year in college, we would go out together or in groups, and I genuinely like the girl. She and him were really inseparable, and besides me he didn't hang out with any other guys, she was really his whole life.

I was talking to her as she was walking up to our apartment door at the same time I was. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, however when she got in she told him to walk out into the hallway with her. About 5 minutes later he walked back in in what looked to be complete shock. "You in the dog house?" I asked him jokingly, I always give him [censored] about being whipped by her. He looks at me kind of weird and says, "I just got broken up with" and sits down. Anchorman is on, and our other two roommates are sitting there kind of awkwardly, they aren't as familiar with him as I am, and so they leave, expecting me to console him. We routinely lie to each other about things and try to call the other person out, so I laugh and say, “Dude, not funny. If you’re joking about this I swear I’m going to punch you”, still laughing. He looks at me all sad-like and says “I’m not joking, Nate.” Damn. This sucks. FWIW, she left him because “she hadn’t experienced the single life enough,” which is all I got out of him.

Look, I love this guy like a brother, and would do anything for him. However, I don't really know that much about helping out a bro in need. I asked him if he was cool, and wanted to talk about it, but he just said "no " and kept watching Anchorman in silence. My response was "Look man, I know this sucks, and I have class at 9 tomorrow, but [censored] that, you wanna break out some of the Jack and play cards with X and Y (who are some neighbors of ours)?" He loves cards, but isn't good, watches me play all the time. We can't really go out and drink since we are both underage, and I have no bud so getting high and chilling is out too. He said sure and we are about to do just that in a couple of minutes, but he doesn't look thrilled.

Is this standard here? I assumed he would want to get drunk and maybe reminisce with some friends, start drunkenly ranting "[censored] you (insert girls name here), ya whore." He doesn't look too happy obviously, and doesn't seem to want to talk about it. I guess I could tell him that we can call the whole thing off, but whatever he wants to do is ok, etc.

He hasn’t said anything about her yet, so I don’t want to ask him about how to treat this girl when I see her. I don’t have any experience with how to help him out, like I said. I plan on being cordial if I see her on campus but to stop having conversations with her so it’s clear how I feel about her doing what she did. Is that good or should I not let it stop my convos with her? And no, I’m not going to make any move on her at any point in time, regardless of what Man Law dictates is ok.

Some of you guys are way older than I am, and have some experience with something like this. Please take a little time on this, don’t just respond with the obligatory “OOT is not your blog, learn how to do this [censored] yourself.” Oh yea, I will not SIIHP, nor will HSCKH. I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

HSCKH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly can HSCKH be "he should seriously consider killing her?" And I'm pretty sure HSCKH means "he should consider killing himself." And I'm pretty sure we're all huge dorks for doing all this acronym crap all the time.

OP, you sound like a good friend. Keep being one, give him some time but not forever...college is a microcosm of life and it also doesn't last forever. He should be back out there working it in a month, IMO. I got dumped the same way from a GF of over five years my junior year of college. Took about 2 weeks for me to get back in the saddle. And once word of this got back to the ex, she wanted my cock again too...so then I just got to [censored] her and not have to put up with her crap, and nail other girls too. I'm willing to allow +/- 2 weeks from my experiences to allow for differences between guys. So, anytime from today to 4 weeks from today, he should be putting her away and at least making some attempts at getting laid.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:13 AM

what's SIIHP?
Old 09-06-2006, 06:20 AM

get drunk and find some easy and/or fat chicks for him to boink
Old 09-06-2006, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what's SIIHP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Google is your friend
Old 09-06-2006, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HSCKH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ptmhpiesiootf

(probably the most helpful post i've ever seen in other other topics forum
Old 09-06-2006, 09:30 AM

Rent swingers, get drunk, find the nearest 18 and up strip club, smuggle in booze, do a bunch of blow, blow a lot of money, this will cure everything from the common cold, to aids.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:51 AM

When I read the thread title, I thought it was gonna be a Jesse's girl type of situation.