Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many days in a row do you usually play before taking a break?
1-3 days 19 28.79%
4-7 days 21 31.82%
8-14 days 11 16.67%
15-21 days 6 9.09%
22-29 days 0 0%
30-60 days 6 9.09%
61-120 days 1 1.52%
+120 days 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2006, 12:02 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" WSOP ME Broadcast on ESPN thread (9/5) (Day 3+4)

[ QUOTE ]
To the unwashed masses the winner of the WSOP is the "world champion" but any competent poker player knows that the variance of a single MTT is so much that by itself it's pretty meaningless.

Only consistent big tournament success proves somebody is a great player.

And in my opinion the greatest players are those who not only do great in tournaments but also beat the highest stakes cash games (Ivey, Greenstein, Brunson, etc.)

But without the WSOP ME hype I wouldn't be involved in poker and neither would most of the donks I take $2 off here and there. So it serves its purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

the HORSE champion is now the "world champion" in my opinion, from now on.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh he decided to come back

and nobles is a jackass. donks like him get the luck while ppl like mw hwho take time to learn to play have 0 luck ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Mpst of you guys sound like ur crying about sour grapes regarding Nobles. I dont think he ever got on his soapbox and claimed how skilled he was. He had an awesome 5 days. Imagine satelliting into the wsop with little chance of making the money, then almost going the distance. He soaked up the moment for all that it was worth. I say good for him.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:09 AM

Wow, I always thought NWP was a joke before, but after seeing Brian Micon, calling them a joke gives them wayyyy too much respect.

i mean wow. how has he not killed himself yet?
Old 09-06-2006, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this episode sucked like all the others. of course, i may be a bit biased, since i'm rating them on how much air time i get.

[/ QUOTE ]

The time to really be pissed is if you don't get any airtime when it gets down to the final table.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and nobles is a jackass. donks like him get the luck while ppl like mw hwho take time to learn to play have 0 luck ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Mpst of you guys sound like ur crying about sour grapes regarding Nobles. I dont think he ever got on his soapbox and claimed how skilled he was. He had an awesome 5 days. Imagine satelliting into the wsop with little chance of making the money, then almost going the distance. He soaked up the moment for all that it was worth. I say good for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because he is a donkey does not make him immune from criticism on an internet message board full of good poker players. He suck, suck, sucks.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:19 AM

A few things RE: tonight's episodes:

1 - Doyle Brunson is the balls
2 - ESPN should warn us before they show hideous ass-tats
3 - I have to admit I was laughing my ass off when that guy went ape on McEvoy. It was so bad it was good.
4 - Brenes deserves to be donkey-punched
5 - Dear Joe Hachem, you're my boy and all, but seriously, chillllll. Smoke a hogleg, pop an adderall, put some Journey on the Ipod...do whatever it is you need to do, but chill the [censored] out. You have millions of dollars and a hot wife. Things could be worse.
6 - I wonder how far Danzer would have gone if not for some tough beats. Kid looked solid.
7 - Dear Dmitri Nobles, This letter is to congratulate you on your induction into the douchealicious fishtard hall of fame.

p.s. can we play heads-up forever? please?
Old 09-06-2006, 12:53 AM

I really hope that non-poker players I know don't see these two hours. What a pitiful group of douches ESPN decided to broadcast.

On the other hand, if they do watch, I hope they are inspired by Dmitri Nobles to take up the game and play just like him.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this episode sucked like all the others. of course, i may be a bit biased, since i'm rating them on how much air time i get.

[/ QUOTE ]

The time to really be pissed is if you don't get any airtime when it gets down to the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

well thing is, i wasnt' even looking at a tattoo in that shot. false f-ing portrayal...
Old 09-06-2006, 01:04 AM

can we play heads-up forever? please?

I would imagine that anybody who has played him before tonight is thinking the same thing. Sometimes the TV exposure can be a bad thing, and this is probably one of those times.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I'm pissed off at him is that he had a chance to really go far and earn some good money (I don't know when he busted out) based on his huge stack at the end of day 2 but he decided to play it like a tard and turn it into a lottery. He should have sat down with someone at the end of day 2 and gotten some advice on how to proceed but instead he makes ridiculous calls and even more ridiculous pushes that may have been successful early on but were doomed with the smaller field. Instead of using his big stack to successfully bully his opponents he put big percentages of his stack at risk numerous times by playing out of position, over-raising, and over-valuing his hands. Not only was it a pitiful sight to watch but it reinforces my belief that by allowing essentially a 8000 player freeroll the WSOP ME has lost its luster. That wasn't poker we saw tonight. That was internet player donkfest at its worst.