Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 12:08 PM

Default Neteller ATM Card

I used the search function to see if I could find anything with no luck. Does anyone have a Neteller Debit Card and if so, what are the pros and cons of it. Thanks. I am in the US.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Neteller ATM Card

Cons:

FEES, Fees and more fees
Old 09-05-2006, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cons:

FEES, Fees and more fees

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot fees. Especially if you are not from the U.S or Canada (Britain too I think).
Old 09-05-2006, 12:45 PM

There are fees for sure but I like using it. It costs me $5.50 to get $1K out but it is worth it for me for the speed of getting the money and the fact that it doesn't touch my bank account.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is worth it for me for the speed of getting the money and the fact that it doesn't touch my bank account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, you get your money fast and the fees are not too bad. However it is a misconception that those transactions are untraceable by IRS because they don't go through your bank account. The Neteller card is issued by a US bank (Omni Bank of New Orleans or something like that) and IRS should be able to trace your activities there.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:31 PM

The beauty of it is it doesn't even have your name on the card. It might be issued at a US bank but it's issued to Neteller not to you, so the IRS would have to actually prise the info out of Neteller first, that's if they even have any reason to suspect you're drawing regular money thru Neteller.

For non-NorthAmericans like me however, it's completely perfect. Anonymous cash instantly and the fees are certainly cheaper than getting US$ cheques cashed.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Neteller card is issued by a US bank (Omni Bank of New Orleans or something like that) and IRS should be able to trace your activities there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The IRS can find out about anything they want to. They would need to want you pretty bad to look that hard though. I will take my chances.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Neteller card is issued by a US bank (Omni Bank of New Orleans or something like that) and IRS should be able to trace your activities there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The IRS can find out about anything they want to. They would need to want you pretty bad to look that hard though. I will take my chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this is true. They can force a foreign company to cough up it's own buisiness records?

Anyways, the card has a lot of fees but it's very quick. I get money from party poker into my hands with in 8 hours usually. If i did it through the bank it would take a couple of days. If you withdraw large sums at a time it's not to bad. If you are withdrawing tiny sums over and over it's probably not worth it.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:20 PM

There are people who might be interested that can't trace it.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this is true. They can force a foreign company to cough up it's own buisiness records?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said they would force them?