Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Philly to AC, how long of a drive?

[ QUOTE ]
I think I am one of the only ones actually from Philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would be wrong, i think half the thread is from philly

[ QUOTE ]
It's a completely different story during any rush hour (4-6 pm). Expect 1.5 hours - 2 hours from downtown. Worst is Friday afternoon- everyone's trying to escape to the shore.

Whatever you do, never come back from the shore on Sunday night. I spent 3 hours getting back last Sunday night, almost all of it spent on the AC 'Expressway'.

[/ QUOTE ]

this only applies during the summer months - trips back on a sunday night in december are easy breezy
Old 08-31-2006, 07:54 AM

the greyhound is like $9.50 out of Philly to AC, round trip. Cheaper than gas, tolls, and parking.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I am one of the only ones actually from Philly.

you would be wrong, i think half the thread is from philly

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I was born and raised in Philly. Left when I went to college 25 years ago. Still can't find a good cheesesteak out here in California.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:51 AM

Why all the hate for Philly? I like Philly, even though I don't live there. I lived in the suburbs growing up.

Maybe it's because I live in Baltimore now.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I was born and raised in Philly. Left...25 years ago. Still can't find a good cheesesteak out here in California.

[/ QUOTE ]

Life is about sacrifices.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am obviously a sellout. I get a whiz without then go across the street to the other one and get a provo without.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Geno v. Pat instigator...You are just trouble Sir, trouble!
Old 09-05-2006, 09:38 AM

OK, I'm from Philly too ... in the early morning, on a weekday, you could probably make it to AC in around 45 minutes ... with NO traffic and averaging around 75 mph ... The weekends are a whole different story (namely Friday nights) .. and on Saturdays you can make it ALL the way down the Expressway, only to SIT after the Pleasantville Toll on the way IN to AC -- so be careful there.

Now, to end the Cheesesteak debate - Gino's and Pat's BOTH suck -- and I've lived in Philly all my life -- they simply get the HYPE (you know how you see them on various Football/Baseball telecasts when the teams are on National TV) ... If you want a REAL cheesesteak, you need to go to John's Roast Pork - it's a little shack between Front St and Delaware Ave on Snyder, or try Tony Luke's not far from there on Oregon Ave near Front St ...

But hell, if you're already in AC - might as well just go the WHITE HOUSE on the corner of Artic and Mississippi -- hands down the BEST Cheesesteak you'll ever have -- anywhere -- it's that ATLANTIC CITY BREAD !!!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends where in Philly you are starting from. I live NE of philly in Bucks County, and actually have to drive out of the way, driving into Philly, and then head east from Philly on I-76. I would just do a mapquest. As a rule of thumb, I can usually comfortable average about 80mph during non-rush hour starting from the I-76/I-95 interchange all the way to AC. If I head out really early in the morning on the weekend, like say 7am, I can usually average about 90pm. At that pace from Philly, it probably takes me about 45 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Bristol, 20 minutes north of CC. I cross over to Jersey on the Burlington-Bristol Bridge and take 295 south to the AC expressway. Takes me 1:20 at a reasonable 75-80mph.

Judging by your name....did you go to U of M? I grew up in Ann Arbor.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:51 PM

I agree with your cheesesteak comments. However, I think the best sandwich in Philly is at Lee's.