Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 12:30 AM

Default Small pair early on tight tables

After taking a nice 6 week break from most online poker (Absolute informed me I had $11 in my account from ages ago, so I donked that off playing nickel/dime NL - jeez I am terrible at NL) I decided to resume my adventures. Maybe mistankly though I started back playing at a new site - William Hill. Holy #$#$$ are these tables crappy. ASF under 20% for most 1/2 tables and the AVG pot sizes range from $3 to $9. TIGHT,TIGHT,TIGHT!!!

SO my table is no different. Maybe 1 in 10 hands goto showdown and every time there is a PFR that goes to showdown its pretty much a big pocket pair (AA-JJ). My table is full of tight nits whom are are 15/8 or less, except one crazy 'maniac' who is a 33/24.

I am pretty card dead at this table, not seing much and hence not playing much (In 40 hands I have seen T2/3/4 8 times already)

Villian here is one of the 7 basically robotic clones on the table.

1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: (2.25 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls

Turn: (3.25 BB) 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

I dont like this hand. Preflop I am essentially hoping to steal the blinds and dont know if this is even worth playing from this position. Table was tight enough where a steal was possible, but any callers means I am looking at a higher pair or AK/AQ

I am completely lost on the turn. I think its equally likely he is sitting on a UI ace as he is a higher pair. WA/WB? I dont like my c/f line as its an open invitation to this table to raise me every time I check and on this table I will be tossing away winners alot in this situations.

I had another hand like this. Pocket threes folded to me in MP1 and I raised. Got 3-bet and then he checked through a J98r flop. I didnt know where to go from there.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Small pair early on tight tables

don't play it like a pocket twos ... play them hard ...
fire again on the turn and again on the river

don't play this hand early in your session ... blend in, then start steal blinds from UTG

from MP I don't think raising crap is as effective as the UTG &amp; UTG1 positions
Old 09-05-2006, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

don't play this hand early in your session ... blend in, then start steal blinds from UTG

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what you consider early in a session, but this was about 50 hands into the table, which was actually closer to the end of my session (but you wouldnt have known that).

I instamuck this hand without a good table read on a site where I know the tables are tight.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what you consider early in a session, but this was about 50 hands into the table, which was actually closer to the end of my session (but you wouldnt have known that).

I instamuck this hand without a good table read on a site where I know the tables are tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

session point was just a misc add-on ..

tight tables love to fold to a tight UTG raiser [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]... you just have to play them like they are not a pair of twos
Old 09-05-2006, 07:49 AM

raise preflop
change sites on the turn
Old 09-05-2006, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop
change sites on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

really? i love this site....
Old 09-05-2006, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop
change sites on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

really? i love this site....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
ASF under 20% for most 1/2 tables and the AVG pot sizes range from $3 to $9. TIGHT,TIGHT,TIGHT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

based on OP read? yes.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:45 AM

fold PF.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop
change sites on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering, with the exchange rates as they are, I am getting $19/hr in bonus money, I think I will remain on the site until I finish off the bonus.