Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2006, 10:58 PM

Default I need help in 2 hands.

Blinds are 0.25/0.5. Everyone have around $50.

First Hand:

3 limpers, I raised w/ QJJT $1.50 in MP, button and all limpers called.

Flop is J98r.

checked to me. How much should I bet?

Hand #2:

5 limpers, SB raised to $1.00. I called in BB with AsAx3x8s and so does everyone else.

flop is 24s5s. SB checks. What do I do?

I bet pot. 1 caller. turn is Jc. What do I do?
Old 09-04-2006, 12:00 AM

Default Re: I need help in 2 hands.

hand 1--is this a joke? bet pot

hand 2--is this a joke? bet pot
(unless this one of those flat call with the nuts people)

You just posted two hands in which you really want to get all the $ in I don't understand the confusion.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:13 AM

pot pot
Old 09-04-2006, 12:44 AM

I know these may seems really standard, but then I thought about it and wonder if I'm not getting full value from them.

In hand 1, I have the nut straight and top set. Am I not such a huge favorite that I want to induce some calls? only 6 cards on the turn can counterfit my straight(3T & 3Q). Dont' I want to bet less to get some calls from 2 pairs?

In hand 2, I am wondering if I could play it more passively or if not then go for a c/r on the flop. I dont' think many will call a PSB w/ 2 pairs on this board and if they have set or the nut straight then they will most likely bet, so maybe I should have gone for c/r to get more value out of the 2P and sets.

In the actual hand, I bet pot on flop and turn. Villian called both times and the river was a brick. Should I have bet here?

Then I bet 1/3 of the pot which was stupid coz I was committed and he put me all in and showed me 36 for the flopped nut straight.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:27 AM

Can't say I agree with the advice here, but hand number 1 yes I would pot bet and possibly reduce it to 75% on turn to induce a call since most any call would be incorrect for pot unless you're up against total donks (unless it's 3way with a BD flush draw on board then maybe i'd bet pot again)

hand number 2:
Problem number 1 is that if you have possition with AA with a suit there should NEVER be 5 limpers to go to the flop. And being that you have a decent hand with a good redraw in a 6 way hand do you really want to risk being check raised which SHOULD have happened. I would merely check flop and smooth call turn, but with the way this was played you could assume one of two things on your river bet. 1 you get check raised by someone who played nut straight VERY passively (not your fault) and two someone with the two pair, set, or lower flush draw folds. So betting this card accomplishes nothing most the time and kills you against a passive player. So I wouldn't assume it would be worth it.
and to go even more into detail you're holding nut flush draw so do you think a set would really call a pot turn bet heads up? I would hope not and if he did show set on your river check stay at that table and make sure he leaves with nothing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2006, 12:03 PM

You have nuts with redraw on first hand. The deck isn't crippled enough to slowplay. So pot and hope somebody caughta piece of something. Depending of the turn you may 1/2 pot or 2/3 pot there.
Pot is even more obvious on the second one. If reraised by a nit go away. Otherwise, on river it's read dependant. If a brick falls, against a really passive nit it's c/f. If it's a spade, against a calling station I lead pot. Against an average opponent I lead prolly less than pot. Against a bad lag with calling station tendancies , I try c/r.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:14 PM

first hand is tuff because there are no suits, but im pretty sure your goona have the best hand on the turn no matter what. so i bet half the potwanting some one to re raise, with the str8 as well, and maybe the board will pair.

hand 2
i would probably bet half the pot, 36 is an option, but if the flush doesnt come, would you feel comfortable callng it off with the second nuts