Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2006, 06:11 PM

Default Top set + nut flush draw busted, my own fault ?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?486586

What do you think, am I stupid just to call the raise on the flop? My plan was simply to make sure there was no spade on 4th street and Iīd push it all in. Didnīt work out to good though.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Top set + nut flush draw busted, my own fault ?

I don't like calling because u wanna charge someone with a spade draw the max if he wants to continue with his hand. He's pretty much shown he's pot commited on the flop so a reraise there seems like a better idea to me than a call but as played I think it's fine and just bad luck that he hit the spade.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:03 PM

With 100bb stacks I want to get it all in with the nuts on the flop if I can. So reraise the flop. He's most likely calling after he re-pots, but you've done all you can do, you got your money in with the best hand.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:59 PM

Ok thanks fellas, I do feel it wouldīve been better to get it in on the flop. Might even have gotten him to put me on better spades and fold, although unlikely at least I wouldīve had a chance to get him to fold it right there. Once the turn fell thereīs alot of money in the pot so I guess I can understand him calling there, but I certainly donīt think itīs a good call...but maybe Iīm wrong.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:43 PM

I think your play is perfectly fine. You could have raised the flop and the result would have been exactly the same.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:18 AM

I know hailrain's play enough to know that he will push any 12+ outter. I feel your play is 100% fine in the sence you got a caller with midset. By simply cold calling hail's reraise you have told midset you are weak enough to believe his set has a chance on a safe turn card. And that alone gives you plenty of EV to continue this kind of play three way. Also there's a matter of what your reads are. in most cases with this kind of hand and the three callers you can most often safely assume being up against a wrap and a flush draw. In which case the result would have been the same reraising flop and there would have been nothing you could do anyways, as apoosed to smooth calling and seeing how the two players react to a potential kill card for top set and possibly saving 60$ if the pot odds aren't there.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:20 AM

you may as well play this fast on the flop, there are a lot of hands that will give you action. If you push flop you get the same result anyway.