Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Six Max Baby Steps

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would have been nice if you had made this post a few months ago before I had to pay "tuition" to learn proper 6 max play (bastard).

Seriously, thanks for this post.

*bump*

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Six Max Baby Steps
#2536762 - 06/02/05 12:43 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you seriously miss this when I posted it the first time?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I did, and proved I'm retarded.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:59 PM

Hmm, that's true. I guess I just automatically thought that you thought that they luckboxed their way into the top 25. I haven't seen them so I can't comment either way.

Time to stop the hijack. Greg sucks (read the latest post). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 02:41 PM

MrWookie,

Wanted to say that, though I was aware of this post for quite awhile, I did not read it until last Wednesday night. In short, I was waiting until I felt ready. It goes without saying that it is incredibly helpful. It has answered a lot of questions I've been wondering regarding 6-max. Today, I have given it a shot, for various reasons, one of which is that I've been constantly reading about how soft it is. Thus far it has been incredibly euphoric (only 100 hands). I've noticed one thing is amplified: not getting credit for a premium hand. 3 limpers, I raise with AK, they call. Flop is Axx, and they call me all the way to the river with undercards and no draw. It's like they can't imagine that they are way behind. In full ring, I have also been picking up on the places to toss in bets and pick up pots (fold equity). This seems especially key for 6-max. I have the BR to handle .5/1 6-max at interpoker, and so I've decided to stick with it. Will also be following HUSH some more. The only problem is that it sounds like Ed's article is not easy to acquire right now.

Thanks,
Buzz
Old 10-21-2005, 02:45 PM

Not sure if it's kosher to do this or not, so a mod can feel free to delete this if it's bad. But here's the Ed Miller article that MrWookie referred to (I'm pretty sure this is the one):

Link.

Edited by the moderator to remove the full text of the article out of respect for NPA's copyright, and instead provide a link to his website.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:10 PM

That's the right article. I'm not sure it's kosher, however. I'll see about sending NPA a PM or something to see if he minds. Maybe he'll offer a link to a place where it's rehosted. Being a mod, I can edit my links to update this even so long after posting it.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:12 PM

tag
Old 10-21-2005, 05:30 PM

The Miller article is great, except for one thing: He doesn't compare blind stealing and defense apples-to-apples. That is, he's comparing full-ring raises from UTG+2 to raises made from button in the SH game. I'm guessing he'd say a button open-raise should be treated the same in both games, but that might be going out on a limb.

The other suggestion he makes is that in a SH game, button often raises with something like Q4. Of course, if this is true, I'm going to 6-max and never looking back. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(This might be better in its own thread, but think of it as another bump.)
Old 10-21-2005, 05:35 PM

This kind of player definitely exists in 6 max. They're not uncommon.

I agree that button steals should be treated similarly for full ring and 6 max. The thing is, they're much more common in 6 max. You're punished more if you don't defend enough, and you're much more likely to be against someone who's expanded their range for stealing rather than against someone who only raises AA, and just happens to be opening from the button.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:34 PM

I'm bumping this because the link to the Ed Miller artcile I referenced now works. You can also check out the rest of his articles on his website.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:43 PM

Ed looks really pimp on his website, just thought I'd mention it.