Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 09:37 PM

Default Re: FREE GOOD2CU!!!

The generational gap is a cop out, I am 23 (close to the same age as Clayton) and fall in line with almost everything lloyd does. I have met him in person as well and we got along good so the generation gap is bogus. Not to mention Lloyd isnt exactly an old man anyway.
~Justin
Old 09-03-2006, 11:27 PM

Mendlebaum Mendlebaum Mendlebaum
Old 09-03-2006, 11:30 PM

good said he would slap liebert in her face with his dick

i mean i dont care about those comments and find making fun of liebert funny but it clearly went over the line from what lloyd established as inappropriate in the thread
Old 09-03-2006, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The generational gap is a cop out, I am 23 (close to the same age as Clayton) and fall in line with almost everything lloyd does. I have met him in person as well and we got along good so the generation gap is bogus. Not to mention Lloyd isnt exactly an old man anyway.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, then if it comes down to it, you and Lloyd are far more mature then I, if thats a more appropriate word. I mean, non mature is kinda derogatory, but it seems the most sensible word for the time being.

Also J-Roll, citing urself is bad evidence as u are way more mature than like 99% of ppl ur age.

but whatever, besides the point. this banning is stupid. i understand if you guys are afraid this will delve into another rec.gambling.poker and are doing what you can to prevent that, but actions such as this (and many as of recently from numerous mods) are turning the forums into crap where they fail to account for the demographic they are modding over, namely 18-22 year olds.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:30 AM

Guys.. another thing... dont keep citing other mods... I work with LLoyd mainly, and ZBT to a lesser degree, and we run these forums MUCH differently then BBV and OOT. Go make stupid posts there to offend or shock people, just keep it out of these 3 forums. These forums have grown a TON since Lloyd and I have taken over and in general we have been pretty straightforward in the year or so since we took these forums over. The growth in these has *probably* outpaced that of 2+2 as a whole and we have TONS of regulars who basically just hang out in the 3 forums we do. I take that as an assertion that the way we do things is the right way and people approve of it. This is really a non issue, its a two day banning, nothing to get all worked up over. People were warned that the thread was going in the wrong direction and he stepped over the line, thats life. If it was a perma-ban and he was a good strat poster than this thread wouldnt be needed as he would have already been unbanned.
~Justin
Old 09-04-2006, 12:50 AM

When I made my first post here I didn't know it was just a short suspension. Obvi, a suspension isn't a big deal, but that begs the question, what does it accomplish? I hope the mods aren't dumb enough to think that even a permaban with IP blocking would take more than 10 minutes to get around.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:54 AM

Well I think a lot of posters here get caught up in their persona here. Taking them away from said persona from a few days can be good. Also, if you perma ban someone who has posted a lot and garnered respect from people then he has to build it all back up again with another sn. I also dont know how effective IP bans are, although, I assume they work somewhar. Anyhoo... there are detterents to not get banned.
~Justin
Old 09-04-2006, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That said, some of the mod's are starting to suck a lot lately. Checkout Dids in that NVG ZJ thread going off and threatening bannings for people being retarded, insulting longtime, respected posters etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, at least I'm doing my best to earn the contempt. Sure, the contempt came first, but if I'm going to be the villain of the geek melodrama, [censored] it, I'll be the villain people love to hate.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
degen: they wont perma ban you dude, three days max
good2cu: if i ever see lloyd IRL, i'm going to smack him in the xxxxx with my xxxxxx
degen: lol

[/ QUOTE ]

that should help him get unbanned.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:45 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Closed Thread