Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2006, 12:36 PM

Default Call or Fold?

Stars 1/2 6 max

Just sat down. I have raised the last 2 hands, took the first one down preflop and the second on the flop.
UTG ($100) limps, I make it $10 with AQo, CO ($180)calls, folds around to UTG who calls. I cover.

Flop ($30): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checks around

Turn ($30): Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG checks, I bet $25, CO pushes, UTG folds, I...?

Call or fold?

Reasoning thus far: I checked the flop because this flopped sucked, there were two opponents, and I felt like they might want to play back at me since I've been active lately.

Turn, I wasn't sure what to do; against a lot of opponents I fold. But how often does CO check a big hand on the flop here? Size of turn raise also makes me think a flush draw is possible, though I have no read on CO so I don't really know whether he makes moves ever, or is good, or whatever.

thanks
Old 01-25-2006, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Call or Fold?

Wow, that's a big overbet he put on there. I think I'd fold, I see so many players check in late position on the flop with a great hand (trips here i guess). Board is low so he's maybe waiting for someone to bet big on the turn. 33$ in the pot, I'd bet something around 15-20$ on the turn but not more or you won't get a lot of Q to call you here. And I fold this without hesitation. Guy puts you on KK AA or big Q, I don't think he would bet that much with QJ KQ Q10 Qx, he'd just called. Clear fold IMHO.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:59 PM

Not sure how the stars games go but I'm guessing this is an easy fold.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:08 PM

Fold. I smell a set. Prolly 7's. But what do i know?
on the flop, the board is pretty drawless, maybe a straight draw but with a pre-raise flop of 5xBB its hard for me to see a non LAG calling with suited connecting cards. I do see a player calling a multiway pre-flop raise with a SPP. And quite frequently, on drawless boards, they will check their sets, as i tend to do on very harmless boards. This is all player dependant, which is why a read on both villans, if any, would help with this post.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Results

Yeah, I guess this wasn't that interesting. Normally this was a standard fold, but I made call based on my image at the time and the size of the raise, which seemed weird for a big hand that wanted a call, when chances were decent I had nothing.

So I called and lost to 87o.

thanks for the responses