Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Taj poker room upgrades ?

I haven't played at the Taj since last summer. I've read some posts lately that they've upgraded a bit. They added flat screen TV's, new chairs, new carpet, etc.. Any truth to the rumor that there's NEW $1 & $5 chips ?

How's the Taj stack up now, better or still the same ?
Old 09-03-2006, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Taj poker room upgrades ?

ive heard similar, but i cant see the taj room from the borg, so i cant be sure.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:21 PM

Yes they have new flatpanels and chips. Although placement of TVs still leaves alot to be desired. As for the carpet I believe you're referring to the remodeling of the entraceway from the garage.

When I was there last monday they only had 1 10/20 and 1 20/40. Inertia will keep it going for awhile, but I don't see it lasting :-( Still have 5/10 O8 though... I just love those players.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:57 PM

New flatpanel TV's that are way too high and too small to really be seen... new $5 and $25 chips... the $1 chips are still the same. They are doing massive remodeling of the entranceway from the garage as Bremen stated. No new chairs (yet)... been the same filthy brown chairs for over a year. Aside from not having caked on dead skin on the chips, the Taj is still the same shithole as it was... same scumbags play there too.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:15 PM

I had a conversation this past weekend with Linda, a friend of Mason's, about their Taj because she is a Vegas located Stud player who was planning to fly out to play the 75 game next month. To make a long story short, she is moving her game to the Borg instead.

in short the Taj lost its crown. I related the Taj to the Mirage - you can still get a game but good luck getting one at any meaningful limits.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2006, 09:27 PM

Default Re: New Trop room ?

Will the 60+ table new room at the Trop be the 2nd best room in AC now ?

Does anyone know if the Trop will keep their current lineup of games ? I know a lot of people here are big fans of the pink chip game. I really like their $5/10 stud game, and the 4/8 HE is pretty good at times.

If the Taj dies, I wonder where their low limit stud and Omaha games (5/10 stud, 2/4 O8, 5/10 O8, 10/20 stud, 3/6 stud8-O8) would go ? Probably to the Borgata also ?
Old 09-04-2006, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the Taj dies, I wonder where their low limit stud and Omaha games (5/10 stud, 2/4 O8, 5/10 O8, 10/20 stud, 3/6 stud8-O8) would go ? Probably to the Borgata also ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Define "dies". It's already dead for all practical purposes, when related to decent limit action, as has been stated. The games you mentioned will probably stay, as they have a specific clientele that may not want to move.

Room will never close, and this is not to say it is dead forever, as it may come back to some of its former glory. However, it seems as though the Trop is making a hard play for the rest of the Taj's low-mid limit folks who want a little better atmosphere.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt low/mid limit mixed games will dry up at the Taj.

I regularly play at the Taj in both the 5/10 O8, 10/20 & 15/30/45 2way games. This past Sat night they had 3 5/10 O8 games going where I was pretty much in the main game all day and I heard the 15/30/45 2-way game had a 3hr + wait list. People actually left the Borgata to come play at the Taj. LOL.

Most of the players I have spoken to have no interest in moving their play to the Borgata anytime soon. In fact I have heard countless times the Borgata card room mgmt has given these games low priority and have rubbed people the wrong way with their holier-than-thou attitude.

I have also heard there is a 10/20 2 way that goes at the Borgata, but not full time and breaks frequently on the weekends.

Taj is still going quite strong in these games.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the players I have spoken to have no interest in moving their play to the Borgata anytime soon. In fact I have heard countless times the Borgata card room mgmt has given these games low priority and have rubbed people the wrong way with their holier-than-thou attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since the regulars at Taj seem to run the game instead of the floor I'm not surprised by the reluctance.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:49 PM

More upgrades:

Foot baths at 10-20 or higher for fat smelly nits
Bibs for cheese steak consumption
shirts now _REQUIRED_
hookers with makeup
Guidos must slap other players/floormen with open hand--> closed fist = 10 minute penalty
English/Russian/Thai only at the table
Walkie-talkies for easier collusion
New BBJ...appear on the Apprentice if you crack quads or better (winner gets to: not)
Donald Sings Every Night
Masseuse now 19$ a minute and trained in CPR for you stud players