Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2006, 05:38 PM

Default BR requirement for 1-tabling and multitabling difference

Hi, tell me,please, is there any difference in bankroll requirement for 1-tabling and multitabling?
For example: if i play 1 table for $25 i need 20 buy-ins=$500. And for 4 tables i need $500*4=$2000 ?
or:
1 table and 2,3,4... tables =same amount=$2000?

I think it's the same, because doesn't matter you win or loose on different tables matters only that you play more hands(assume ABC poker,without looking on opponents and making a lot of notes and watching plays when you r out of the hand)

Thanks in advance guys. Couldn't find anwer on this matter.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: BR requirement for 1-tabling and multitabling difference

i dont think there's any difference.. you're just making +/- EV decisions faster.. if your multitabling (depending on how many tables) your decisions will probably be poorer so you'll have a lower winrate and more variance maybe..
Old 09-03-2006, 05:44 PM

If your winrate is the same both 1 tabling and multitabling then it doesn't make a difference how many tables you play.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:44 PM

More variance requires bigger bankroll. If you are a solid 5BB/100+ winner when multitabling, there shouldn't be any need for a bigger bankroll.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:14 PM

Tx guys alot. That's what I thought. I play 6 tables almost always, because I get bored with offered free time on less hands playing. I find +'s in multitabling:
1)in SSNL a lot of players that don't recognize betting patterns
2)I use short-stack(or half-stack) technic to get people calling my +EV and winning hands more often

About variance: i think increase in variance of multitabling is less then decrease of splitting it amongst multiple tables. Example:

I push all-ins with AA-TT preflop on 4 tables. Loosing 1 table, winning 3 tables. So I am in the plus. If I had only one table I would loose full buy-in or winn buy-in. It would be good on good lucky day, but bad on unlucky day, because difference in results would be bigger. I hope most people understand my logic.

Tx guys. Really appreciate it.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tx guys alot. That's what I thought. I play 6 tables almost always, because I get bored with offered free time on less hands playing. I find +'s in multitabling:
2)I use short-stack(or half-stack) technic to get people calling my +EV and winning hands more often

About variance: i think increase in variance of multitabling is less then decrease of splitting it amongst multiple tables. Example:

I push all-ins with AA-TT preflop on 4 tables. Loosing 1 table, winning 3 tables. So I am in the plus. If I had only one table I would loose full buy-in or winn buy-in. It would be good on good lucky day, but bad on unlucky day, because difference in results would be bigger. I hope most people understand my logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Privet! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well... variance is calculated pr 100 hands and not pr hour so there is no difference between playing one and 4 tables.

And you should really consider playing full stack.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:58 PM

You will want a slightly bigger cushion to multi-table. If you go even on a mini-tilt you can lose a bunch much faster as well if you hit a bad series of beats all in a row you could lose 3 buy-ins whereas before you might have only lost one and stopped playing for the day. I will second the thought that you should learn to play full stack as that will maximize your winrate once you get good at it.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tight short stacks are so [censored] annoying.
Thank God there are so few.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...what?