Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2006, 08:45 PM

Default 2 KQo hands.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

utg is 42/3 over 20 hands at the time.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

in the next hand, no real reads.

on the turn i was going for the check raise. then when someone did bet i didnt wanna raise to let others in, however someone WOKE up and I froze. reraise on the turn or call down?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls $0.70 (All-In), Hero calls.

River: (15.45 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.45 BB
Old 09-02-2006, 08:49 PM

Default Re: 2 KQo hands.

[ QUOTE ]
utg is 42/3 over 20 hands at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

useless stat. May be passive. May like limping. May have not had raising hands.

Hand 1 looks fine. May be AK, AA, KK. Could just as well be KQ or overplayed QQ-TT, busted flush draw.

hand 2 wtf dude 3b turn and bet river. c/r river if you don't, but you should 3b turn.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:58 PM

Hand 1 is standard for me.

Hand 2 - I play it like this - C/C flop, C/R turn, you get the picture.. I think the line you took is absurd and misses out on all kinds of potential value. As played, I can't for the life of me figure out why you didn't (A)3bet the turn or failing that, (B) C/R the river.

Were you talking on the phone while you played this hand or something [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ?
Old 09-02-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 is standard for me.

Hand 2 - I play it like this - C/C flop, C/R turn, you get the picture.. I think the line you took is absurd and misses out on all kinds of potential value. As played, I can't for the life of me figure out why you didn't (A)3bet the turn or failing that, (B) C/R the river.

Were you talking on the phone while you played this hand or something [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop donk isn't heinous, villain may make you for a T, QJ or air some of the time. But i agree c/c c/r b is standard, then b, b/3b, b.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:00 PM

hand 1 is fine, with a better read you might be able to fold somewhere but as is you have to call down

hand 2 wtf? at no turn raise on your part somewhere. definitely bet/3bet after you donk the flop. i'd like to know why you went so passive on the turn. i guess you were planning to check-raise but i can't figure out why you didn't.

edit because i messed up turn action
Old 09-02-2006, 11:13 PM

Hand 2

I'm betting this turn all the time. I'm not a big fan of offering free cards to someone with QJ or any two diamonds here, especially as the flop didn't get raised. And as everyone else has already pointed out, going for a C/R and then just calling a bet instead hurts everyone else in this hand except your opponents.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:28 PM

I tend to fold KQ offsuit after its 3 bet and capped preflop in hand 1 after my raise, a leak?

I also probably dont raise the flop in hand 1.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to fold KQ offsuit after its 3 bet and capped preflop in hand 1 after my raise, a leak?

I also probably dont raise the flop in hand 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto for me. If I did continue to play KQo there, I don't think I'm putting in nearly as many bets.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:56 AM

in hand 1 villain had AA and I lost. In hand 2 i was up against K3 and I won.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:43 AM

Hand one:
UTG has to have AA looking at his stats and that preflop 4bet. I'd fold when he 3bets the flop.

Hand two: I don't know, I'd probably c/c the flop and c/r the turn. Don't know what you're scared of when MP raises, so he has a king? Yours is better most of the times.