Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Top 2 on turn

5 handed 1/2 Crypto.

UTG is moderately tight, but in the 6 orbits we have played he has not raised pre-flop prior to this hand. He HAS limped first in. However, he has not shown any "legitimate" raising hands that he limped, so far. Post flop he is either betting or folding so far; he is not afraid to fold.

SB is weak. Way too loose and way too passive. Of course, this is based on only 3 orbits, but I can safely say that he is a donator. He has played T7o not in the blinds and has failed to raise TT and ATo pre-flop.

UTG opens for a raise and SB calls. I have AQs in the BB and I decide to just call. (It is what it is. Please do not make this call the central point of the thread.)

The flop is Q84 with the Q4 suited. There are none of my suit. SB checks and I lead. UTG raises me and SB calls. I call.

Three to the turn for 6BB. The turn is an ace suited with the 8. SB checks again.

Do you donk or go for a check/raise? If you donk, do you three bet if it goes raise/call. If you c/r, what do you do if it gets 3-bet?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Top 2 on turn

3-bet the flop in a heartbeat.

c/r the turn unless you think UTG will check through. I don't know what kind of hands he will have here, you should do.

Will he raise FD on flop with one to act behind? I doubt it

Will he raise with a Q and then check a turn A? This is the pivotal part of the equation.

True