Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Paul Magriel?

[ QUOTE ]
Magriel is a good guy. His looks and his tongue are not his fault. I imagine the people that love making fun of him are immature teenagers. My father used to play backgammon with Magriel in New York back in the 1970's when the game was popular. Magriel is/was one of the top backgammon players in the world and is highly respected in that world. I don't really see why people make such a big fuss over him. It's not like he acts like a dick or anything. He's a good guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Twenty-four, fully mature and resonsible. I just calls them as I sees them...
Old 10-20-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Magriel is a good guy. His looks and his tongue are not his fault. I imagine the people that love making fun of him are immature teenagers. My father used to play backgammon with Magriel in New York back in the 1970's when the game was popular. Magriel is/was one of the top backgammon players in the world and is highly respected in that world. I don't really see why people make such a big fuss over him. It's not like he acts like a dick or anything. He's a good guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Twenty-four, fully mature and resonsible. I just calls them as I sees them...

[/ QUOTE ]

Studies show immature adolescent behavior typically continues until the early 30's.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Inventor of \"M\"

In his second book, Harrington says that Magriel invented "M", a critical concept in tournament play which is a big part of Harrington on Holdem 2. I played with Magriel in a 1 table satellite in this years WSOP and he played tight. He was also teaching a student who was seated next to him. He had HOH2 with him and referred to it constantly as he was lecturing his student.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Studies show immature adolescent behavior typically continues until the early 30's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I guess I'll embrace it while I can. Heeeeyyyy... What studies?
Old 10-20-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too bad it isn't on video or anything....it'd be fun to watch Magriel offer the doubling cube to himself and debate whether or not he should take it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it was a computer program he had coded, rather than him physically playing dozens of games against himself.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Oh brother

His nose wasn't always like that. Same reason Stu Ungar's nose deflated on him. Coke is a helluva drug.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know he's weird looking, but being a psychopath is itself a medical condition. He probably doesn't have much choice in the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's not just weird looking, he's just weird all around. And the OP asked if he has a medical condition, and I said yes, he's a psychopath. So what are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it his fault though? Relax man. Stop defending the fort. You lost.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First time I've ever seen him tonight.

Not insulting, but what's wrong with his nose? His left nostril goes like a half inch farther down. Is there a reason for this (medical)?

[/ QUOTE ]

His medical condition is called being a creepy psychopath. And he can't keep his godawful tongue in his mouth either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir.......are correct.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:43 PM

Jar Jar binks is close look alike?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:40 PM

No.
Closed Thread