Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2006, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Everyone read please I need your advice!

[ QUOTE ]
i think you lose has a bit to deal with your age of being a 16.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a kid who just started his freshman year of college two weeks ago. He started with $10 from selling PokerStars play chips at 17 and he just eclipsed the $100k profit mark for 2006.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:28 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent

Good grief! Aren't there any girls in your high school?
Old 09-02-2006, 07:10 PM

Pretty simple: Focus on school. Poker will always be there, and you won't be violating the site terms when you are older. Also, when you get older and play poker they just call you an Old Nit, but when you get older and chase high school girls they put you in jail.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:48 PM

i think we need more info. Either way you should make school and girls your PRIORITY whether poker is in your life or not. It sounds to me like you are a bad player or just have real bad money management skills. If it's the latter you might want to give it another shot. If it's the former, just quit and give it another look in 4 or 5 years.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:46 PM

5-7K is no big deal. Steal some more money from your parents, play 5000 NL and get all your money back in one session. Don't reimburse your parents. If you were able to steal that much money from the , they deseve it. Quit school, it is a waste of time and play poker 20 hours a day. Don't worry about girls. Chicks that young demand a lot of attention from boys and it will distract you from the only important thing in your life. Buy yourself a hooker from your poker winnings, it's much better.

If you have friends from school that are interested in poker as well, convince them to quit school and create a poker team. Follow the steps of another great poster, ZeeJustin and start multiacounting in big tourneys and SNGs. Add the extra dimension by colluding with your school friends, you will make tons of money.

Try not to withdraw from your BR. if you need cash, keep stealing from your parents and blame it on the maid. That always work, she will be sent back to Mexico and if you are lucky the next one will be younger and prettier. Now yo can blackmail her into sex and sell her to your poker friends. That will be the start of another very profitable career. PIMP! It can easyly be done at the same time as poker and you will get plenty of free ass. You can also use the girls to sell drugs and soon you will be running a respectable prostitution/drug/gambling empire.

It doesn't get much better than that!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:44 PM

William,

You are often an annoying troll, but that is some of your best work, and the runaway fav for post of the month.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:27 AM

Where does a sixteen year old get his hands on $7K? When I was sixteen I had to bust my ass at an after school job just to have enough money to put gas in the junker car I borrowed from my parents...
Old 09-03-2006, 02:51 AM

He would be the guy getting his girlfriend pregnant. On a more serious note, that is a [censored] of money for a guy your age to lose. If you learning bankroll management and the value of hands maybe you can turn it around, but please get your debt straightened out before it becomes unmanageable. I assume you have parents that are making good money, if you have a credit card debt talk to them and explain how you got it and get a payment plan worked out with them. 7k is more than a summers job worth of payments on that debt. It could take until you graduate highschool before you pay that off.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2006, 03:13 AM

ya, i'd like to know where he got the money? parents a doctor and a lawyer and they're never around? what's the dealio yo?
Old 09-03-2006, 03:56 AM

OP said in another thread that the money was life savings which he had from summer jobs etc.